Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! Happy haunting to you and hope you're planning on a best yet season. In this link (https://youtu.be/wB2HTAcbmck) is what I originally WANT to do this year. I typically stay outside and I am the part of the TRICK whereas others inside are the passing of the TREAT portion for Trick or Treaters. I recently had back surgery and I understand the stilt design is optimal for back support, but they are careful in their walking and knowing me....wanting to move a little faster to add to effects, I could just see me falling and possibly messing up something from this surgery. I have chosen to do a rendition led off of this one. I have so far a black skin suit, the white mask, some greenish tinted gauze (plan on stitching this onto the skin suit some how, some way/shape/form), and I got some claws to have either attached to the finger portion of the skin suit or to have ripping through the skin suit finger tips. Also, I have thought about this one (https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/0a/1a/7c/0a1a7cb507174a05274f76889e195656.jpg) on the outside of the suit along the arms, legs, and maybe a good portion of the suit. Any ideas or opinions on this....so far?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TY so much Kyriotes!
I have given this careful consideration and as bad as I want to do the stilt version here, I will have to put this off until at least next year. I suppose there isn't much one could achieve being close to this effect without the stilts as I believe they help "make" the outfit. It was mentioned to me of going as Mr. Boogie from the Sinister movies. No luck in finding him even at Spirit and they said I was the 2nd person to inquire. I expressed here at home that the unique factor is what helps make a costume, as out spirit one shows, and if the WTH factor is achieved with that in the response, then you'll know you're on the track to something good or at least memorable. I suppose it will all come to me in time when I start piecing it all together. Still have to get some more things towards this before starting on it. I've been focused on doing the front yard decorations primarily.

·
Registered
453 Posts
You could try shorter stilts and lots of practice to increase your speed. Oh and traction gotta have traction. :)

But you really need to take care of that back.. you only have one of those.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the vote of confidence DeadED! I thought about that also...the easing into it all with balancing efforts and such. Maybe perhaps for next year's Samhain/Halloween. I know no one around my parts would be the type to have seen it before. If I am able to next year, I will definitely start really early for practicing. ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts