Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The software for this allows you to export audio to an SD card. Problem is, I have an SD card inserted and Windows sees it but the software says it cannot detect one. I tried formatting with FAT and NTFS. Neither worked. Anyone know of a trick to get this working?

Thanks,
Greg

·
Registered
394 Posts
It has to be a MP3 file for it to work. Some reason Windows doesn't do MP3 anymore, it does wav files. So you'll have to get a converter off line to do it.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mike's software won't even detect the drive. Right now I am just trying to export the sample audio files to the card so I can test to see if everything is wired correctly.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Mm I've never had an issue. Maybe something is up with your computer? Or hmmmm. Are you using the MP3 player he suggested?

You copy and paste or send the MP3 file to the micro SD card then remove the card from the computer and insert it into the MP3 player. You also have to specify what file is to be played as ambient and scare sound when you first create a new controller. It won't let you NOT use both. If I'm not using any actual sound, I just pic whatever just to satisfy the program. If I only want a scare sound then. I have a file that is silent that I use for the ambient sound.

You have to set what sound is for the ambient and scare first in Mike's program. Then you minimize that program and the upload the sound to the micro SD card. Then remove micro SD from the computer and put it in the MP3 player. Then enlarge Mike's program again, program the rest of the relays and such. After all that is done then you click on "serial connection". Then select upload all. After that is completed, you can then test it.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are you using the MP3 player he suggested?
I am not even to that point yet. The only thing different from most folks is that I am using a virtual machine of windows. I am guessing that the removable drive is not configured exactly like the software wants it to look like. In watching a tutorial on it, the files are named 001.mp3 and 002.mp3 when exported to the USB drive so I am going to manually copy and rename them on the drive and see what happens. I'll report back! Thanks!

·
Registered
394 Posts
Your welcome. I'm not familiar with virtual machine of Windows so I can't help ya there but someone on here should be able to.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Your welcome. I'm not familiar with virtual machine of Windows so I can't help ya there but someone on here should be able to.
Copying the two MP3s over manually and renaming the 001.mp3 and 002.mp3 works. Just make sure you know which is your "ambient" track and which is the "scare" track.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Copying the two MP3s over manually and renaming the 001.mp3 and 002.mp3 works. Just make sure you know which is your "ambient" track and which is the "scare" track.
If you are using the catalex board, I believe the files can be named like "001ambient.mp3". Catalex only cares about the number. (in the Arduino code, I don't even think you CAN give it a filename to play. You just pass a bunch of bytes over serial, with some being a track number. At least, that's how it works in the code I wrote for my robots.)

The four banger app might care, though. Not sure, as I haven't built one yet.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts