Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I'd share with the forum some 3D printed items.

There are plenty of 3D files available online to print all kinds of goodies. I'm printing a bunch of spiders for the kids to hand out to classmates on Friday. I really like how the coasters turned out. All were printed with a modified Printrbot Simple. It takes about an hour to print a coaster.

DSC_0103.jpg

DSC_0097.jpg

DSC_0107.jpg

DSC_0106.jpg

·
Registered
56 Posts
Thought I'd share with the forum some 3D printed items.

There are plenty of 3D files available online to print all kinds of goodies. I'm printing a bunch of spiders for the kids to hand out to classmates on Friday. I really like how the coasters turned out. All were printed with a modified Printrbot Simple. It takes about an hour to print a coaster.
Awesome, I would love to get my hands on a 3d printer.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wanted one for the longest time and eventually got the cheapest kit you could find. And it's been great to learn on and tweak.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I picked up a Printrbot Simple that I assembled. I think I had a discount code from a site and got it for like $280. I think the same kit is like $325'ish. Still worth it. I assembled it in a few hours and then just started tweaking it from there. It's printing a bunch of spiders right now as I type. I modified it to expand its build space and started 3D printing replacement parts. The kit is made of laser cut wood, which is durable and works fine. But there are many files available online where people have made additional parts like fan holders, LED holders, etc.

It's been a great learning tool for the kids and my daughter took 2nd place in the county science fair based on 3D printing. She can load up her own files and print things out. So she's always looking to print things.

·
Registered
650 Posts
I picked up a Printrbot Simple that I assembled. I think I had a discount code from a site and got it for like $280. I think the same kit is like $325'ish. Still worth it. I assembled it in a few hours and then just started tweaking it from there. It's printing a bunch of spiders right now as I type. I modified it to expand its build space and started 3D printing replacement parts. The kit is made of laser cut wood, which is durable and works fine. But there are many files available online where people have made additional parts like fan holders, LED holders, etc.

It's been a great learning tool for the kids and my daughter took 2nd place in the county science fair based on 3D printing. She can load up her own files and print things out. So she's always looking to print things.
Can you print out replacement plastic gears,about the size of a dime?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts