Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, i just got a projector finally for my haunts and i recently got back in to 3d modeling after a few years and started working on some animations for my haunt this year. nothing to special just some basic walking and movements. there coming out pretty decent so i thought i would share my progress. i have a couple test renders. only one uploaded at the moment. its a shadow skeleton walking across the screen. the second is a group of zombies walking across the screen with a couple breaking off and beating on the front like its a window or something. still working on getting the animations smoother. i just started using the animations so i've still got a lot to learn.

im using DAZ3D studio 4.9 with there animation presets. they work pretty well if you dont get to fancy. some of the transitions can be a bit jumpy though.

heres the skeleton ill upload the zombies a little later. :D

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys!

did another just now. this one has lights and shadows. these are all the lowest quality renders at the moment so i can see how they look real quick. the high quality renders take hours to finish probably over a day for that zombie one. im hopping i can render them with higher quality once im happy with everything. but i gotta say the low ones are looking pretty good. probably work fine with my projector since it doesn't put out hd images anyway.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here's another version of the last one. this time with different lighting and higher render settings. this one took about 2 hours compared to around 10 min for the first version. not a whole lot different really. a bit smoother. still working on the render settings to try and get them to look a bit better without it taking a week to render. :D

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
its called wither for the genesis model from daz studio. its one of the better zombie characters i've seen so far.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Are you taking requests? I've been looking for a good ghost loop, just ghost's rising up and floating off. Preferably ghosts that are more skeletal/spectral than cartoony..

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ya, be happy to. I'm still practicing so I can't do anything to fancy at the moment but ill do some studying and see what i can come up with. I've been wanting to do some ghost animations as well. I used to be able to do them years ago but now everything has changed so I've got to find everything like textures and shaders that I can use for a good specter. What ever I come up with will be posted here so keep an eye out. Also feel free to post any other ideas and ill try to work them out. ?

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i found the right shaders for making ghosts now im testing out all the settings for it. i tried to render a vid last night but i forgot i had the settings up way to high and in 9 hours it didnt even finish. i didnt realize it till i looked it over again this morning. o well. until i figure out the vid settings i did a few single frame renders to show the ghost effect. there's sol many options so i can get a lot of effects out of it these are just a few. i did a couple with a background to get an idea of how transparent it was going to be.

Attachments

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok here's some test renders with the ghost shaders. working on details so i can get it looking just right. the first 2 are mostly straight up without much tweaking and the third i was trying to get some more effects going with it. didn't turn out perfect but i'm working on that right now.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thanks! this ghost stuff has been tough. but i'm liking the results.

Ok, while i was working to clean up my work area outside so i can get started on the big props for my haunt this year i rendered all of these. since i was going to be busy any way and it wouldn't feel like i was waiting an eternity for them to render. so here's a couple more tests. :D the last one is just to see how it would animate from a different angle. for some reason the eyes started to kinda phase in and out and i have no idea why but i kinda like it. i think the color and settings are my favorite so far.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts