Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Halloween AA Member
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have 3 weeks till my babies due date, and I'm hoping to get the framing done of my new cemetery columns. I didn't get to them last year, due to my Mom dying in the summer. So this year I'm very motivated to get this done.

I went to Home Depot today to buy my 2x2's and 1x3's and needles to say I got a lot of looks. :) Here's a woman that looks like she is ready to pop (I have a very large tummy, and none of my maternity clothes fit me) up on a platform ladder searching through the pile of wood to find the best peices. :D It was a funny site for sore eyes. But when your a haunter you are a haunter. Nothing will stop you from building.

·
Reaper Queen
8,631 Posts
well, first off, congrats on the pending arrival of your little haunter, !
And , I can imagine the looks you got while on the ladder looking for wood, I am sure you made some folks nervous, worried you might fall! Good ;luck getting to the framing of your columns, if not before the little one comes, maybe when the little one naps?
Also, my sympathy on the passing of your mom, having lived thru that myself when I was fairly young, it is hard,I feel it changes you forever.

·
Halloween AA Member
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks so much bethene for congrats and kind words. It does change you forever. I actually found out I was pregnant the day she passed. Which has made it even harder.

I have to clear the ladder thing up, it wasn't a regular ladder. It was a platform type ladder you go up 5 steps and there's lots of room to move around. It's just if you walked passed me you could see the belly. :p

·
Funeral Crasher
7,445 Posts
Hey, congratulations Mummy!! Everyone probably thought you got lost looking for "BABY Depot". LOL Better take it easy when you're working on the framing. Don't want the baby to decide to come early!
Good Luck! I hope you can finish your framing before the big day.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Haha @ Dave.. that Baby Depot thing cracked me up!

13, congrats on making it so far, its almost happy time!!! I would definitely be working on papier mache if I were in your position... I know towards the end, I didn't even want to MOVE sometimes, and sitting at a table with hands covered in goo would be just the ticket for me!

Good luck soon, I will keep you in my thoughts! :D

·
Registered
152 Posts
Congrats - Hope the big day goes off with no problems. My sister just had a little boy a month or so ago, and the little bugger sleeps alot :) (of course just not at 2 am) lol, so youll have alot of time to get some stuff done. Make sure to post lots of pics of both baby and columns :) BEST of luck

·
Halloween AA Member
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys!! Well I cut all my wood today. It took about double time, after every few cuts I had to sit down. =) Wow am I having a blast. It is definitly keeping my mind off of "when is this baby going to come??" It feels great to be building again it's been awile. I'll keep you posted.

·
Devilishly Dutch
5,920 Posts
I have to clear the ladder thing up, it wasn't a regular ladder. It was a platform type ladder you go up 5 steps and there's lots of room to move around. It's just if you walked passed me you could see the belly. :p
They could get past you with that huge belly? haha *joking*

Congrats on the baby!

Meeps

·
Halloween AA Member
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have a 23 month old at the moment and I remember when I was trying to build a coffin with my dad in the summer and he was only 4 months old, wasn't very easy. Now my boy takes 2-3 hour naps, and goes to bed at 7:30pm. Wow such valuble time. Maybe I nesting, but since all the baby stuff is done the nesting has turned into home haunting nesting.

Oh and I'm having a boy! :)

·
Registered
814 Posts
AW! Congratulations... a boy! So you will have two boys... sounds like me. I have two teen boys..... Start saving for your grocery bill NOW... you will REALLY need it in 13 or so years!!! :D

LOL! Ditto! I have a 14 year old...and goodness he sure can eat!

And Mummy...congrats! boys are loads of fun...mine is totally into Halloween...just like his mom and dad! :)

·
Halloween AA Member
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes I'm a little worried about the grocery bill will be in 10 years time.

I hope my kids will totally be into halloween, it makes the holiday so much fun if they are into it. I can't wait to see how my older boy will react to all the decorations this halloween. He'll be two and a half, and will really understand. I can't wait!!!

Building is coming along great, I should have the framing done by the end of this weekend as long as I don't go into labor. :eek: I really want to start on the pink styraphome, but it's so expensive with each sheet being $18 and I need 8 of them. Well if I can't come up with that type of money then I'm going to start the PVC flicker candles I want to place on my columns. Found some great toutorials here on how to make them.

·
Registered
481 Posts
A little late, but congratulations! Our son was born October 9 and by the 31st, I had a driveway haunt going for a fundraiser for our older son's swim team. The doctor wanted me to take it easy later in the pregnancy, so I basically sat around and made some poison bottles (using the $1.00 labels from Dollar Tree that I heard about in this forum). I also corpsed out some skulls, just being very careful to work in a well-ventilated area so I wouldn't breathe in the fumes.

·
Grand Poobah
2,897 Posts
Make that baby already!

Our son was due January 27 last year and came February 4.

Turns out my wife just didn't know what contractions felt like, and when we went it for inducement, she was already in labor. They gave her a little pitosin (sp?), and it took I think 16 minutes after she started pushing to have our son. Ha! I hope you have it that easy.

·
Halloween AA Member
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Congratulations nbviper & wilbert, looks like a lot of boys around here!!

Wow your wives are very lucky to have fast labors. My first labor took 26 hours (all back labor which is very painful), so I'm hoping it to be a little faster. =)

A funny story, my oldest sons first halloween he was 6 months old and I was still breast feeding him. When I put him to bed I decorated the house. Just as I finished he woke up to be fed. It took him a half hour to stop looking around at all the decorations and lights for him to be interested in eating. I'll never forget it! It was awesome.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts