Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay, I'm almost done with my graveyard caretaker, first prop I'm building for Halloween...he's got the head and hands of this guy...anyway, I'm using a 4 servo controller, but only using one servo to move his head, and I'm trying to come up with moving things in the graveyard that I can use the other 3 servo channels for.. I've already got the 3 extra servos...any suggestions?

·
Banned
101 Posts
Why not use the others to move his arm at the shoulder and one at the elbow , so he can raise and lower the lantern ? ( of course , these would need 1/4 scale high torque servos )

·
Registered
90 Posts
Why not just buy that prop for $999? (rolling eyes)
I wish I had an answer, the whole servo and animated prop thing is still greek to me, good luck.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone for your suggestions
mile, I am now actually considering moving the arm with a servo, I have one that maybe could do the job, just have to figure out the mechanics
callo, his mouth does not move, unfortunately
azdude, the eyes are glued into the head, the detail is really done well, I would hate to rip the eyes outta the head lol

·
Registered
310 Posts
If you are looking for a really strong servo you might want to check out these at servocity.com. They are essentially gearboxes built around a standard servo motor - you end up with a servo that is much stronger than just the servo itself. I have used these with 2 props and they worked very well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts