Halloween Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Prop Master
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, this year with our income tax check my wife wants to have a chainlink fence added to our front yard, which is fine with me because i'm a hermit 364 days a year anyway. she also hinted the idea of instead of one haunt in the back, now i can biuld 1 more in the back giving me 2 backyard haunts and have 1 or 2 in the front yard as well. so now i'm looking at having 3 or 4 seperate haunted houses on my property and be my own little haunted amusement park. i'm not sure if this would be going overboard or not, what do you guy's think?:p

·
Registered
869 Posts
Hey another Yucca Valley person ? I also live in Yucca very cool !!!!! never thought I would see anyone on here from our small town ! Also I dont think that would be overboard at all if you have the energy to do it I say go for it !.

·
The Big Kahuna of Fright
4,329 Posts
Three or even four areas, all with different themes, I assume? If you're up to it, why not?
The idea astounds me, no way would I undertake that much. But if you think you can swing it...

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
"Man overboard!" All engines ahead, full speed! The hammering engine, the drilling engine the back-bending engine, push him to the red line! See what he will do!"
I have been working on and working in my Haunted house for 27 years, my full-time "Job".
Last night a woman came through the house (she had been here once ten years ago) She looked around and said, "You have been working on this place for 27 years, haven't you!"
I say:"Go For It!"
Nobody really wants to ever be the old geezer, helpless in the chair saying:"Why Didn't I ?"

·
jester girl
18,185 Posts
I say, go for it. all the more merrier. sounds fun.
hey, and maybe you 2 from yucca can visit each others.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
OHHH, Unorthodox, you don't understand their motive! "3 Haunts!-- $10 + $10+ $10=$30! But we will sell you a bargain ticket for just $27! To maybe see the same stuff you once saw as one haunt for $15? BUT IT's THREE! Not one or two, but THREE!
"Yawn!"....... There can never be too much "Truth in Advertising", it would discourage Bu$$ine$$

Reactions: UnOrthodOx

·
Prop Master
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for your feedback on this.

just_tim: never in a million years would i expect another person from Yucca to be on this site. maybe you now my work. my haunt used to be at my old house on Hanford, up the street from walgreens, now i am located on Barberry 2 streets away from the high school, i have only been in this location for 2 years now. aint that a trip.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Thanks for your feedback on this.

just_tim: never in a million years would i expect another person from Yucca to be on this site. maybe you now my work. my haunt used to be at my old house on Hanford, up the street from walgreens, now i am located on Barberry 2 streets away from the high school, i have only been in this location for 2 years now. aint that a trip.

yeah man that is for sure !!! in our town I never ever would of thought someone would be on here lol. I dont think I seen it just for the fact around my area near the travel lodge, nobody puts stuff out ! other areas I looked at as well so bummed me out so I thought damn nobody in this town decorates lol so I quit looking.

Glad to hear there is someone though ! Anytime I shop out here for Halloween I start as soon as they start getting stuff in, I like store bought props as well, I suck at making them but when I shop early for them out here like August people always say its to early for Halloween shopping ! even employees LOL So really had me thinking damn.... nobody here likes Halloween or what lol

·
Prop Master
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That is true, if you want fun for Halloween out here you want some Halloween fun you really have to know where to look. thats what makes haunting out here so fun, i'm the only haunter (or so i thought until today) so i always get tons of TOT. maybe one day we might be able to work on a joint venture together. after all i am thinking about building 3 or 4 haunts on my property next year and would welcome new additions to the Nightmare Family, especially fellow haunters to act and help me run the show.

·
jester girl
18,185 Posts
or at least, you guys could advertise for each other. get the newspaper to run a article of interest on your haunts. give visual ideas to each other. really could amp up the haunts

·
Registered
869 Posts
That is true, if you want fun for Halloween out here you want some Halloween fun you really have to know where to look. thats what makes haunting out here so fun, i'm the only haunter (or so i thought until today) so i always get tons of TOT. maybe one day we might be able to work on a joint venture together. after all i am thinking about building 3 or 4 haunts on my property next year and would welcome new additions to the Nightmare Family, especially fellow haunters to act and help me run the show.
Yeah man would be fun ! we were thinking of moving, but to get the price we want for our home, and find a area we want for sure, it is honestly going to take some time, and I am quiet sure we will be here another Halloween for 2015. One of the area's I was strongly was planning to move to is a no go now, glad I asked around on here. Just replied to your message btw. Also not sure if you have FB But I have a Halloween page ( nothing great lol ) I post a little Halloween on it daily just to keep the spirit up lol.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Here-its-Halloween-365/737105096314156?ref=hl

1 - 16 of 16 Posts