Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's my 3-axis setup loosely based on HalloweenBob's work. This is my second configuration. I cut the Lexan with a Dremel and the router attachment, then smoothed the edges using sanding bits on the Dremel.
I plan to add a jaw servo and possibly 2-axis eyes. Ignore the audio, that's just a track I dumped into VSA for testing, lol.

·
Devilishly Dutch
5,920 Posts
Funny that you should post this. I was telling hubby that we should do something with our witch. Its been a standard prop now for years and no one would expect it to suddenly start talking! Once the 3 axis organist has had his day in the spotlight, we were considering putting the set up into the witch and taking everyone by surprise. But I'm not sure how we'd be able to set it up inside the witch. So I'm really looking forward to seeing how you do it.

MsM

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think I'm doing okay with the weight. There is a witch mask that will be going on this and I have done some testing with it. I still have to add the eye servos and linkages for that. I may have to add some counterweight to the rear because it is starting to get a little more front-heavy than I would like. The jaw is a little heavier than I would have liked also, but I can probably lighten that up a little bit if I really need to.

Here's a new video with the jaw installed and operating. My apologies for my boneheaded neighbor who decided to ride is dirt bike down the street right in the middle of the video!

YouTube - 3-axis witch jaw test

·
sasquatch
3,076 Posts
are you going to freestyle mold the face out of latex, or are you planning on a mask?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts