Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I did a search and saw the great and different ways to mount a bucky to make it stand up but, didn't see any way to attach a premade 3 axis skull to an assembled skeleton. I bought a skull from graveyardskulls and an assembled bucky. The bucky has a rod that runs all the way through the head and out the top. It's fine on it's own but, I want to change it for the 3 axis. If I drill a hole through the top that is fine but, there is no way to mount the rod for the 3 axis and if I did the rod through the top wouldn't let it move around. If anyone can tell me what to do that would be great and if anyone actually has pics and schematics that would be even better for this newb.

Thanks in advance. Oh, and I'm going out of town tonight so can't answer any questions till I get back on Sun.

·
Zombie Hunter
20,479 Posts
Can you put up a picture so we see what we have to work with>?My 3 axis uses threaded rod.

·
Scared Silly
1,931 Posts
here's what I did:
Get a 2" coupler the size of the 3-axis rod. Cut the bucky's rod down to size. Drill out the threads of the coupler halfway. Tap a hole in the coupler on the non-threaded side for a small bolt. Cut a notch in the bucky rod with a dremel to accept a small bolt. Screw the coupler onto the GYS rod. Slide the whole head assembly onto the bucky rod, lining up the notch and the bolt. Tighten the bolt to lock the coupler (and, thus, the skull) in place on the bucky.
Does that make sense?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Here are some pictures I took when I mounted my 3-axis skull to a bucky. Let me know if you have any questions.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts