Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After doing some research, I've decided to try adding a 3 axis skull to my talking skeleton scene this year. I need some help making sure I have purchased everything I need so I am not scrambling last minute.

Below is a list of what I have purchased so far.

From Triaxial Skull Labs:
TSL Twisty 2.1 Full Kit
TSL Brute Power Supply
4 Servo Extension cables

Lynxmotion SSC-32 Servo Controller

USB to RS232 Adapter

Planning on using Brookshire Software's VSA & MonkeyBasic with a joystick.

What else am I missing?

·
Registered
302 Posts
just buy the controller from triaxial skull labs, no need to get lynxmotion old analog and a converter, it has usb built in. Also, I would not bother with servo extension cables, just get the cat 5 converter/extender.

controller

humn the cat 5 extenders seem to be gone..... anyone have an alternative?

·
Registered
302 Posts
Hi Homey,

I just looked and still didnt see any more servo-net on your site. And on that note, I have a suggestion / request for the future, mounting holes in the servo-net with corresponding holes in the acrylic plate so they can be mounted cleanly. Oh yea and whatever happened to 2-axis eye kits?

·
The Evil Apparitionist
555 Posts
Hi Homey,

I just looked and still didnt see any more servo-net on your site. And on that note, I have a suggestion / request for the future, mounting holes in the servo-net with corresponding holes in the acrylic plate so they can be mounted cleanly. Oh yea and whatever happened to 2-axis eye kits?

After doubling our last order for Servo Nets (which came in last week) we have already sold out.There were several large orders for multiple Servo Nets alone that wiped out stock. Items do not appear on the site unless they are in stock and Servo Nets have been re-ordered.

We thought about mounting holes in the control plates but then decided against it, there are already mounting holes in the Servo Ner boards but we find that most people just use velcro strips (we use velcro for skulls in our haunt) .

The eye kits are forthcoming but we've had delays do to patent issues and also a death in the family. They are our top priority but will not make it this season.

·
Registered
302 Posts
My condolences on the family members death. and Thanks for the updates.

I prefer to keep my setups as clean as possible, with that I had another thought. How about a servo-net sender board that has 4 x cat5 connectors to drive 32 channels off of 1 board, also using 5.5mm dc plugs to run the power instead of terminal strips. ( I already do this by attaching a pigtail on the skull end and jumpers to bulkheads on my sender/controller box).

Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts