Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Devilishly Dutch
5,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is our finished 3 axis minus 1 skull.
He's not going to be talking during the party, cause he's going to be too busy playing music.
But couldn't resist having him say that bit that DJ Chris made for me last year.
Its not the best skull out there but we are pretty proud of ourselves for figuring it out. We have no electronic or servo experience.

MsM

·
Devilishly Dutch
5,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That is Great!!! So, for someone with no expertise, how long did it take to make?
Thanks!

We actually got started on it pretty late in the game. Many other haunters started much earlier.
HalloweenBob had excellent instructions on how to build it so that was the easy part. Plus DH works in a building where they have a workshop. So, the guys in the workshop made the rod for him. Took awhile to find the rod end ball bearing though. So the build itself took just a couple of days. Searching for parts took a week or two.
Tweaking the servos took the longest. We played around with that for several weeks. First he'd do it and then he wouldn't do it and then a slot didn't work, then a servo didnt work, etc. Once the nice haunters in the 3 axis skull thread explained how vsa works....that went pretty smoothly. With only one skull, I could knock out the movements in a couple of hours.

So all things considered, I'd say it took about a month.

MsM

·
Devilishly Dutch
5,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
just ear shaddaring!! lol
Yeah, awful eh?
There's something wrong with my computer. When I load the video onto my computer the sound comes out really screechy like a mic that's turned on too high. I"ve played around with my computer's audio settings, but nothing seems to help.

MsM

1 - 10 of 10 Posts