Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone...

I am looking for a tutorial on creating a 3 axis head. If someone would please be so kind to help. I did try to search the forum but what I seem to find are dead links.

I did sign up for the Stan Winston School tutorials but honestly it seems like a lot of chatting but very little teaching

So... I'm really stuck....

For anyone that is interested I am trying to create an animatronic snowman like the one at seasonsgreeters.net. I would just buy it but I don't have 5k to spend, lol.

Anyway.. it's very nice to meet you all. I'm looking forward to making some great props!

Thanks!
Ron

·
BAD INFLUENCE
11,431 Posts
Check this one out, it was started by Halloween Bob , who has the Sindy Skinless 3 axis quartet.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Thanks for posting my old thread. There is lots of good, timeless info in there, but grab a cup of coffee and get comfortable because it's a bit of a long read. You can skim it. The first 50 pages hold the most relevant info for someone trying to build a 3 axis skull (or any kind of head for that matter). There are other methods without the pushrods using gears and gear rack, but those are more complicated methods. The methods used, could be put into a snowman head, although you probably only need the rotate and jaw motion in the snowman for the head. The rest of the body just seems to sway back and forth. Looks like that could be accomplished with a rod (or 2X4 for that matter) with a hinge in the middle being pushed and pulled by a rotating motor like a deer motor, or even wiper motor. You attach the body to that center rod at a few points and you get that swaying motion. As for the rest of that entire scene, you've got your work cut out for you if you want to try and recreate all that! Get ready to remortgage your house as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts