Halloween Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats a good standalone 3-axis controller? Something not tied to a computer, say using a Picaxe that I can make self-contained with a triggered routine?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Whats a good standalone 3-axis controller? Something not tied to a computer, say using a Picaxe that I can make self-contained with a triggered routine?
Steve Koci/ Halstaff just came up with an super easy and inexpensive system for programming prop.

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
That's pretty cool. I would like to see a demo of programming the jaw with this, I suspect it's not that easy to get precise mouth sync.

·
Registered
10 Posts
If you use the Wee little talker from haunt hackers. It works great. It will sync up audio with the jaw. No programming for the jaw

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
As far as I know, the PICOBOO units will not control servos.
No they won't...They have a lot of different controllers for different purposes so when you go to the site, you have to click on the appropriate link for what you want to do....It this case servo controllers....They have everything from a simple plug a couple servos in (picotalk) to a 16 servo channel DMX set up....I just wanted to throw the name out there to help him form a list of solutions he can research....They aren't the cheapest but they are industry standard and very simple to use....ZR

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
No they won't...They have a lot of different controllers for different purposes so when you go to the site, you have to click on the appropriate link for what you want to do....It this case servo controllers....They have everything from a simple plug a couple servos in (picotalk) to a 16 servo channel DMX set up....I just wanted to throw the name out there to help him form a list of solutions he can research....They aren't the cheapest but they are industry standard and very simple to use....ZR
Yes but the DMX servo controller also needs a Flex or Flexmax controller to be stand alone. Starts getting pretty pricey. 🎃

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Yes but the DMX servo controller also needs a Flex or Flexmax controller to be stand alone. Starts getting pretty pricey. 🎃
When you start getting into those capabilities, every solution is pricey....But for something simple like the OP is asking, you can get a picotalk for under 100 bucks...That also gives you a second servo output and led eyes....Not a bad deal I don't think....ZR

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
When you start getting into those capabilities, every solution is pricey....But for something simple like the OP is asking, you can get a picotalk for under 100 bucks...That also gives you a second servo output and led eyes....Not a bad deal I don't think....ZR

I'm not gonna keep going back and forth on this but the PicoTalk will not control a 3-Axis skull (which is what the OP is looking for) 😉

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If you use the Wee little talker from haunt hackers. It works great. It will sync up audio with the jaw. No programming for the jaw
Thanks Hud...small issue though. Haunt Hackers is currently not selling product due to COVID. If they were, I'd just go ahead and do a Banshee Jr, which would solve the problem.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The Mini Maestro and my Audio Servo Controller and your set. 🎃
Thanks J-Man. I'm probably going to try the Mini Maestro route - since I may want to add lighting and triggering to it.

I'm good on the audio - tested my audio controller board that I made for the first time this weekend - worked like a charm. Gotta love JCLPCB - 5 boards to $2.

Cant take design credit though - someone else designed the BRD file and posted it to another forum as public shareware. So no credit claimed by me in that department. But I did learn a lot about soldering and electronics in general.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts