Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
BAD INFLUENCE
11,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my take on a 3-Axis skull with 2-Axis eyes. The linkage for the eyes is based on Dr. Morbius' Skulltek skull. This was just a test to see what was going to happen and find out what needs to be tweaked. The audio sucks, I forgot to turn the speakers up!. Comments welcome. Thanks

3 axis video by bfjou812 - Photobucket

·
Registered
13,890 Posts
Some accidents are meant to happen I guess! Looks great. The eyes make him so unique. He's a keeper in my book. The question is now can you duplicate it?

·
Open up and say "Aaaaahh"
1,562 Posts
The horizontal bar to vertical linkage is loose. This would cause the horizontal linkage to teeter totter on the vertical linkage making one eye go up while the other goes down. This happened to me during the first trials of my design. The solution is to make the horizontal bar as tight as you can so both eyes move even if only one is lifted. The L brackets on the eyes are critical that the pinion linkages on them are as close to tolerance as possible, other wise you get slack there causing the teetertotter effect.

I really like the eyes though...what are you using for sockets?

·
BAD INFLUENCE
11,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you everyone for your comments and compliments. I will get a how -to by the end of next week. Again thanks and I'm glad you have enjoyed it.

·
BAD INFLUENCE
11,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Posted some videos on Photobucket, type in bfjou812 in the search box and it should take you to them. There is a thread in the tutorials.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts