Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone! I just posted a question in the prop section but wanted to say hi to everyone. I didn't even know there was a halloween forum. How COOL! I included a 3d model to scale of our haunt this year. Couple of sections will be automated (if I get it working). Like last year, the walls will be 2"x4" wood studs with plastic sheathing. 5 smoke machines, 4 projectors, 1 60" TV, and a partridge and a pear tree :) We have friends and family help scare; roughly 6-8 people total. It is kid friendly so now red blood anywhere in the haunt.

Last year we had just moved into our new home. Didn't have any props, just friends in costumes :)

Youtube Link:

This Years Haunt: Below

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
WELCOME to the forum and DAMN thats impressive , wish i could do the walkthrough , hope it comes out as you planned , please post photos for us all to enjoy , HAPPY HALLOWEEN

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not sure where to post Updates for our Haunt, guess this is the thread? We rearranged 1/2 the haunt so that the ending is better. We are loving the new flow. Some of the lessons we learned last year (wife wrote them down):
  • 4ft wide hallways are perfect
  • lighting, lighting, lighting
  • more than a 2 minute looping sound track if everyone wants to stay sane in the membrane
After redoing the wall floor plan, I realized that I could convert a few of the 4'x8' walls to 10'x8' walls. By doing this, we cut down on wood materials costs, installation/assembly time, and breakdown time. I used Skethup for the first time last year in order to figure out how everything would look. This year I am using it yet again, and even put in people. This lets me know if there is enough room for scare actors and props. I am hoping, skeptical, that we can install a sound track in every room this year. We have enough speakers and amps, but I don't know if we will have the time. I found a way to use raspberry pis and arduino to do the mp3 audio looping on the cheap.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
All of our hard work paid off. Rendered a video tonight showing the assembly process of the walls. Turned about 5 hours into 3 minutes :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts