Halloween Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made a sort of ' how to ' video and put it on youtube, showing how I make my yard monsters. I draw comics on the side, so I make my yard monsters look like comic characters ( or at least attempt to). It's not supposed to be the 'perfect tutorial' so much as showing my method, so other can it as a starting point for their own project.

Here's what they look like http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk209/theamishfury/z2-1.jpg

Here's the link to the video. It shows how I made 'the creeper', a character inspired by the old witch from the old EC comics of the 50's. it's from a comic story I drew a few years ago.
YouTube - How to Make a Monster the Frank Patriot way

thanks

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
You are definitely talented. I'm lucky I can draw a square let alone something like that! My grandfather put the whole winney the poo on our cabin's styrafoam ceiling when I was a kid. It looked great. I really envy those kids in your neighborhood.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Frank, great tutorial and a fantastic job on the artwork. However, many of us do not have your artistic talent. I used a method I learned in theater design class in college that anyone no matter how lacking in talent like me can use to make nice 2D cutouts for halloween. It's called triangulation and I have a How-To here: http://scarypapashauntedforest.webs.com/howtotriangulate.htm I didn't have a photo of the finished Scooby-Doo when I did the tutorial but here it is. Just another quick note: You need to be careful about copying copyrighted images. This is especially true if you have a commercail haunt. Since our haunt is non-commercail and just for our grandkids and family members I don't worry too much about this. However, there are hundreds of public domain images on the web that would be good characters to use.

Attachments

·
Scariest guy on the block
1,960 Posts
Great job! Those are fantastic.

·
The Great Crazy
42,937 Posts
Awesome vid I make yard art for my Christmas props, but I noticed you use chalk to outline your characters Looks like it works great! Yes I will be using your ideas thanks again!:cool:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts