Halloween Forum banner

2023 Vampy Valentines or Lupercalie Card Exchange

1188 Views 36 Replies 15 Participants Last post by  Stinkerbell n Frog Prince
ARE YOU FEELING A CHILLY SENSATION FROM THE TOP OF YOUR CRANIUM TO THE TIP OF YOUR FIBULA? DO YOU SUFFER FROM COLD-HEART SYNDROME SOON AFTER NEW YEAR'S ARRIVAL? HAS WINTER GOT ITS FRIGID FINGERS AROUND YOUR THROAT... uh hem, Uh I mean YOUR THOUGHTS CAUSING YOU TO WONDER IF YOU WILL EVER FEEL THE WARM SENSATION OF THE HOT SUN BURNING THE FLESH FROM YOUR FACE?

Well then -- it MUST BE TIME ONCE AGAIN FOR SOME BLOODY VAMPIRE VALENTINES - 2023! Or if celebrating LUPERCALIA is more your style. (Meaning - Lupercalis "pertaining to Lupercus," whose name derives from lupus "wolf" and per Wikipedia - Lupercalia was an ancient, possibly pre-Roman pastoral annual festival, observed in the city of Rome from the 13th to the 15th of February to avert evil spirits and purify the city, releasing health and fertility.

Take a bite out of your winter doldrums, after holiday blues - share some love - just in time for Valentine's Day!

It's fun - It's easy - a great way to warm up your iced over winter heart and shine a little light into the darkness!

Here is how it works:
Post in this thread if you wish to exchange greetings with other Halloween Forum members, and indicate if you have a mailing limit for the number of greetings you wish to send out and where you're willing to mail to... USA, USA & Canada, Everywhere and Anywhere. (It can be a letter, greeting card, postcard or note - handmade or store bought. We love them all!) - Then exchange addresses via private message with others who wish to exchange valentines, have fun!

Aiming for a mailing deadline of February 8th to get the Valentines to their intended in time for Valentine's Day. Here's wishing the next few weeks of winter will be a little bit warmer thanks to sharing the love with Vampy or Wolfie Valentines!

A Reminder - Many of us love to add a little SWAG in our cards please make sure not only the weight BUT the size of your mailing is within the USPS single stamp limit. The USPS is getting more strict with its limits...

Also - Life happens if something should keep you from sending out your greetings please let those you have said you'll be exchanging with know. Nothing feeds the darkness more than pondering the what ifs...

NOW - let the love bites begin! Buwaa ha haaaa!
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

· Registered
1,054 Posts
Vampy cat is ready to send cards near and far

· Registered
53 Posts
Delicious friends... it would be our pleasure to send a missive from the Manor. Let's say a Devil's Dozen or so. It seems like a nice round number. Assuming the postman is willing to brave the long path up to our door, then we're willing to send cards anywhere. The world, as they say, is our oyster. Step right up. Enter freely and of your own will.

· Registered
274 Posts
Ok, so far I have messaged or been messaged by everyone on here. When is everyone thinking they will mail their cards? I need to start planning my card for this exchange and don't want to be late!
I was originally thinking February 1st, but then I looked at the calendar and now I'm aiming for January 28. Much easier to get things mailed on a Saturday.

1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
When I started the thread I had a MAILING date of Feb 8th in the hopes greeting get to their intended by the 14th. I believe I'll mail a bit earlier then that because the USPS has been more slip-shot in getting deliveries to places in a timely manner.

1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just a reminder PLEASE make sure you add enough postage to your greetings. I just had a notice from my PO asking for $5 more to get a card I believe was sent to us from the Halloween exchange.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts