Halloween Forum banner
1 - 20 of 127 Posts

·
Reaper Queen
9,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well- HAPPY BIRTHDAY SAKI GIRL!!!!!! you got your wish!!!!

Here we go!! Merry Reaper sign up!!
Please remember you MUST spend a minimum of 20 dollars on your gifts, not including shipping. And PLEASE use your victims list to pick what to send. Thats are what they are there for!!!!

PLEASE, for your sake, AND for the sake of your
reaper
, please participate in the thread, even if just commenting once in a while, and make it easier by having picture, pinterest, or the like.

Also you MUST MUST MUST let your
reaper know when your gift arrives,, people become concerned that their boxes got lost, which has happened in the past, So make sure you do that!!!! Also. you MUST POST PICTURES of your gifts. It is only the polite thing to do,, Unless there is a really good reason why you didn't you could be banned from future reapers. It make the person who sent the gifts feel horrible!!!!

So on with the dates: here is the
Official Sign up thread for the "Merry Reaper"

Start of sign up: Oct. 17, 2022
Ending date for sign up: Nov. 12 2022
Shipping Deadline: Dec. 9, 2022

Rules:
1. The minimum value of the gift must be $20.00, please follow this,
2. The gift can be homemade, store bought, or a combination of the 2.

You also can only send 2 dollar store items - unless you use them to make gifts.

3. gift can be Christmas or Halloween items also,, depending on the likes list!
4.You must get a tracking number when shipping your gift
5. please post in the thread that your gift arrived
6. If you are having a issue with sending a gift, please contact me to see if it can be resolved: if you do not send a gift but have received one, you may be banned from further secret reapers.

If you agree to these terms and would like to participate, please message Bethene with the following information:
Name and address

Likes, dislikes, themes (if any), and any other info you feel might help your victim (example< out door haunt, indoor party,what type of Christmas you like etc). PLEASE, make it as detailed as possible, it makes it so much easier !!! Again, DETAILS!!!!!!!
Example, instead of I like witches, what do you like, potion bottles, spellbooks, brooms, etc. For Christmas, do you collect ornaments, snowmen, etc, do you like country Christmas, or a fancy Victorian Christmas. etc.

Also. do you want to ship to the USA only, Canada and USA, Canada only, Europe only or anywhere. Please let me know in your PM

·
Registered
Spooky-not-scary
13 Posts
I‘m new here, but I think I wanna participate… I used to do holiday swaps on Regretsy, so my perception of this and my sense of humor may be a bit warped…. The minimum spend is $20, so is guidance “keep it around 20-30” or are there other minimum spend tiers or a spend cap to consider? It the spirit of this ” a holiday gift” or “surprise me with something specifically for decorating”? …Or “surprise me with the bizarre”?

Can someone point me to a recent reveal thread or an example Pinterest board?

·
Kitchen/Green Witch
8,215 Posts
I‘m new here, but I think I wanna participate… I used to do holiday swaps on Regretsy, so my perception of this and my sense of humor may be a bit warped…. The minimum spend is $20, so is guidance “keep it around 20-30” or are there other minimum spend tiers or a spend cap to consider? It the spirit of this ” a holiday gift” or “surprise me with something specifically for decorating”? …Or “surprise me with the bizarre”?

Can someone point me to a recent reveal thread or an example Pinterest board?
Everyone who joins has to make a list of their likes/dislikes, themes, ect. You will PM bethene this list, along with the other things you asked for, and post the list over in the Likes/Dislikes Thread for the Merry Reaper.
Once sign ups are done, bethene will start to match up reapers and victims and she will PM you the person you got, their info and their list. You go by the list to make or buy gifts you think they will like and spend, at least, $20. ( You can spend just the $20, or if you go over because you find something you know your victim will like, that's fine, too. Many of us don't include crafting supplies and such that we already own in the $20. You can even thrift, hand me down, ect., unless your victim states otherwise. Thrifting, hitting sales, using coupons, ect, can really help you fill a box of goodies!)
We post our lists over in the List thread for the reaper because everyone likes to see all the lists to get ideas going before they get their victim...plus, if you have changes that need to be made to your own list after you have sent bethene your list, you can edit it there. That's why it's good to check your victim's list in the thread every so often, too, as it may have been edited from the first one given to bethene.
You can go back and look at the likes/dislikes thread for the main reaper that is still going on...it's pinned up near the top of the General Halloween thread page, along with this thread and the list thread for this reaper.
If you decide to join, since you are new, try to post here, around the forum, ect, so whoever gets you as a victim will get to know what you like even better...linking a Pinterest page is very helpful, too, if you have one...or adding pictures of your decor to your profile page in your albums.
For this specific Secret Reaper, you can put Halloween, Christmas, Dark Christmas, Yule, Krampus, NBC, or any other holidays/themes that fall in this time of year! Whatever you want to add to your list! Pick one, or a mix of any!

Here is the link to the current Main Reaper Picture thread so you can get an idea:
Picture and teaser thread- reaper 2022

·
Kitchen/Green Witch
8,215 Posts
Also, here is the link to the Merry Reaper's Likes/Dislikes Thread where you add your list (along with sending the list to bethene with your info).
Remember, make your list as detailed as possible so your future Reaper will be able to have the easiest time possible making sure you get a reaping that you love!

2022 Mery Reaper likes/dislikes thread

(Here is the link to the 2022 Main Reaper Likes/Dislikes list thread if you need more ideas on how to make a list!)
Like and dislikes lists for main reaper 2022

1 - 20 of 127 Posts