Halloween Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like candle companies are preparing for the upcoming Halloween season. I received this e-mail from Witch City Wicks:

SAVE THE DATE!

Our annual Halloween pre-order will be happening again this year from July 29-31!

This is a no inventory limit pre-order to gobble up our Halloween collection before it's official launch in September.

I hope Yankee has some new scents for Halloween as well as some amazing candle accessories. What candle companies are you looking forward to this season?

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Can't wait to visit Witch City Wicks in person in 2023! I need to smell candles before I buy. I have learned my lesson! I have purchased way too many online based on others' recommendations that just didn't appeal to me. LOL
I would love to visit their store. I am a sucker for reviews, and, like you, I have ordered candles based on such that did not appeal to me either. Hope you have fun in Salem next year.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'll be in Salem in October and Witch City Wicks is definitely on the agenda.

I think last year's Kringle Halloween pre-sale was late July. If that holds true again, it looks like I'll have at least 2 candle sales right on top of each other. Wish it wasn't right after Comic-Con, which can get spendy.

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'll be in Salem in October and Witch City Wicks is definitely on the agenda.

I think last year's Kringle Halloween pre-sale was late July. If that holds true again, it looks like I'll have at least 2 candle sales right on top of each other. Wish it wasn't right after Comic-Con, which can get spendy.
Ohhhhh, I am so jealous. Please let us know how your trip to Salem goes, and what your thoughts are of Witch City Wicks. You're right, I believe Kringle's Halloween pre-sale is also in July. Better put some funds to the side for both WCW and Kringle.

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,902 Posts
I have to say, I just dropped one of my rare-ish Aldi Halloween 3 wick candles on my foot, and one of my toes is now very purple and swollen and all I can think about is "at least the candle didn't break!" Can't say the same for my poor toe! :D

Will be watching this thread tho. ;)

·
Registered
117 Posts
Has anyone tried items from Village Candle? I purchased Herb Garden from Home Goods and was impressed with the throw, even though it is a two-wick candle. I am curious about their Halloween offerings: Haunted Mansion, Pumpkin Scarecrow, Candy Cauldron and Ghost Cemetery.

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have to say, I just dropped one of my rare-ish Aldi Halloween 3 wick candles on my foot, and one of my toes is now very purple and swollen and all I can think about is "at least the candle didn't break!" Can't say the same for my poor toe! :D

Will be watching this thread tho. ;)
I chuckled when I read that you were glad the candle didn't break. Hope your toe heals quickly. It sounds very painful. Sending you good wishes for a speedy recovery. 🦶

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Has anyone tried items from Village Candle? I purchased Herb Garden from Home Goods and was impressed with the throw, even though it is a two-wick candle. I am curious about their Halloween offerings: Haunted Mansion, Pumpkin Scarecrow, Candy Cauldron and Ghost Cemetery.
I have tried a few of their Halloween candles. Haunted Mansion is one of my favorites. It has a cedar note to it as well as an earthy note. Pumpkin Scarecrow reminds me of those red cinnamon candies with a hint of pumpkin. Ghost Cemetary smells of vanilla, a cookie note of sorts, with some sort of herb note that I cannot place my finger on. They are not bad at all, and the labels are amazing.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I got out some Hocus Pocus wax melts from Partylite this weekend because I just wanted to smell "Halloween."

Anybody have recommendations for a good Candy Corn scent? Candles are fine, wax melts good too. I miss Yankee Candle's version!

Reactions: ScareyCarrie

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hope everyone is enjoying summer 😀 Can’t wait to see Halloween candles from various retailers & smaller businesses. Will be following this thread !!!!
I am so excited to see what the candle companies will offer us this Halloween. I usually place orders from multiple companies including Witch City Wicks, Dark Candles, Lunar Light Candles, Kringle, BBW and, of course, Yankee. I have to try their Witches Brew in the 2-wick tumbler.

Hope you are having a great summer. Only one season away........ 🎃 👻

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I got out some Hocus Pocus wax melts from Partylite this weekend because I just wanted to smell "Halloween."

Anybody have recommendations for a good Candy Corn scent? Candles are fine, wax melts good too. I miss Yankee Candle's version!
What scent are the Hocus Pocus wax melts? As far as Candy Corn, I have a candle from Goose Creek that I like in that scent. I know Kringle offers one at Halloween time too. I am looking forward to seeing what Halloween candles are coming our way.

·
Registered
224 Posts
What scent are the Hocus Pocus wax melts? As far as Candy Corn, I have a candle from Goose Creek that I like in that scent. I know Kringle offers one at Halloween time too. I am looking forward to seeing what Halloween candles are coming our way.
It's hard to describe Hocus Pocus. I found a site online that gave a summary from Partylite: "The magical scent of citrus and florals with an unexpected touch of coconut and praline."

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Kringle has a whole bunch of new ones coming in August?, 'Hocus Pocus', 'Graveyard Fog', REDRUM, Coffin Rock, Cemetery Lane and a few more, loox awesome. How'd I know its August?? check out this page???-
Says sign up for early access in August?
View attachment 762773
View attachment 762772
View attachment 762771
Thanks for posting the pics. I am very intrigued by many of them, and I absolutely love the labels. Excited to read what the scent notes are of the new one.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts