Halloween Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's a great display! I'd leave that up through new years if the HOA wouldn't fine me.
My HOA was super chill about it and even got on board promoting it as we used the display as a food drive as well. A lot of folks said leave up the Xmas stuff but my wife LOVES Xmas almost as much as Halloween and wants traditional decorations- so that is the chore this month.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
WOW this is incredible. Did you make that bear yourself and the nutcracker (or altered the NC)? Just amazing. I live in Canada and started minor decorations but have to be so careful re: the weather
The bear was a reskin of a spirit mask and then we made the rest of it. Had to darken the fur and stuff. The nutcracker is a commercial bought nutcracker that was repainted, new hands and the entire chest was redone to look like his gross mouth opening.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Absolutely fabulous job there! I really loved all of your design/layout choices and the “interior house” facade. Everything looks great from props to lighting. Clever use of christmas lighting doing double duty too. Whatever you modified it’s hard to tell (nicely done) but I’m sure that Nutcracker guy if modified and not a DIY prop had different hands before. Really makes him look creepier than just the dripping “mascara” look and chest cavity. BTW did you do a kicking legs prop for inside the fireplace?

Super cool of your HOA to promote.
Yeah we added the hands. We wanted to really get the essence of the nutcracker from the movie…he’s only in a couple scenes and really hard to notice but if you look at still imagery from the studio his chest is really this weird creepy mouth that shallows ppl. The kicking legs did move. I had it on a time sequence with an arduino as not to overwork the motor all night. that can be seen on our Facebook page.

most of this is custom work. Some altered and some scratch. I’d say 90% of the display falls into those categories.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts