Halloween Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Table Drinkware Food Stemware Tableware

This year I did a Bayou theme which was so fun to put together. I tried to keep it realistic and not over the top fake. I even got to do some more paper mache, and made an alligator head to surface itself in the faux water. There was a super creepy ambience between the voodoo chants I had playing over my speaker and the fog coming off the water. All of the kids pushed their parents across the bridge in front of them to get the candy, it was so funny, and I totally consider that a huge compliment 馃槃 馃ぃ
World Fashion Standing Wood Art

Water People in nature Entertainment Performing arts Musician

Light Lighting Entertainment Performing arts Darkness

Light Lighting Interior design Drink Barware

Cloud Candle Tableware Sky Stemware

Registered
Wow MollyHart that came out so well! Love your set up, items, lighting with fog and 鈥渨ater鈥. Perfect costumes and liked your makeup. Skull mask as well. Very eerie and can totally see kids letting their parents go first! Thanks for posting photos. I really like how you used your home鈥檚 exterior to create the bayou shack facade with not much in the way of building materials.

Curious how you guys assembled your ramp. Reminds me of boardwalks on some sandy beachwalks we鈥檝e done. Definitely not pallets. How long and wide was it? Any issues with kids crossing it? I have a little wooden garden bridge I鈥檝e thought of using if I do a swamp setting but wonder about using it as part of a pathway. Also wondering if you had leftover lumber handy to use or were able to find a lot of recycled wood. Or is the main center path part not even wood? I鈥檓 sure it really added to the ambiance and kids鈥 excitement walking across it regardless.

Registered
Absolutely cool water effect with your bridge and the fog! With your costumes and props, it definitely pulls you into the Bayou. I can see why the kids were using their parents as shields-I would have, too!

Registered
View attachment 758020
This year I did a Bayou theme which was so fun to put together. I tried to keep it realistic and not over the top fake. I even got to do some more paper mache, and made an alligator head to surface itself in the faux water. There was a super creepy ambience between the voodoo chants I had playing over my speaker and the fog coming off the water. All of the kids pushed their parents across the bridge in front of them to get the candy, it was so funny, and I totally consider that a huge compliment 馃槃 馃ぃ View attachment 758019
View attachment 758018
View attachment 758017
View attachment 758016
View attachment 758015
Great job. My only suggestion would be to add more alligator heads. I know in the past you could buy skulls (easily replicated) at Spirit Halloween stores.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts