Halloween Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello community,

New here but have lurked for awhile.

I have been searching the forum for LED lights and seems like opinions are all over the place.
I looked at MELPOs on amazon and similar lights.

Is there a tried and trued RGB LED Flood Light that the community would recommend?

I am leaning to these;

They say 400w equivalent but reviews say less.
They are dimmable so I could choose the lower setting, I suppose.

Also, does anyone use the outdoor sock it boxes to keep surge protectors from getting wet

Thank you for the help

·
Registered
44 Posts
I almost started a thread like this yesterday so I'm excited to see what people have to say. With as many options as there are now I'm almost so overwhelmed I just want to stick with my par38 LEDs!

·
Registered
11 Posts
No opinion on the led but SockIt boxes are the best for us 🙌

Can’t recommend them enough. The black ones are the best. We also use the green for Christmas.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Hello community,

New here but have lurked for awhile.

I have been searching the forum for LED lights and seems like opinions are all over the place.
I looked at MELPOs on amazon and similar lights.

Is there a tried and trued RGB LED Flood Light that the community would recommend?

I am leaning to these;

They say 400w equivalent but reviews say less.
They are dimmable so I could choose the lower setting, I suppose.

Also, does anyone use the outdoor sock it boxes to keep surge protectors from getting wet

Thank you for the help
I love everything about the SockitBox :) For protecting just one junction, I am trying some from Flemoon this year.

I got one set and while they aren't as good as a SockitBox, they seem like a good option for 1 to 1 connections so I bought a second set. IP44, so not submersible. I will use half of them on the porch where 2 outlets fan out to 4 runs that service the yard.

·
Registered
423 Posts
My phone is not allowing the pictures to load, I'll keep trying! I have used one of these outside for the entire year, and it's still going strong

·
Registered
166 Posts
First year using these, but I needed some 12VDC flood lights that had persistent memory and would remember what color they were set to when the power was completely removed for a PicoBoo triggered prop. These fit the bill, but I can't attest to their longevity yet.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Water Plant Green Window Tree

@CrucialHaunt , I'm using one 25 watt LED floodlight and one "Fire and Ice" red/orange light (from Spirit Halloween) in this display. This is the same location as the prior picture, I just changed the character from the pillory victim to the reaper, and this is the same LED light, this time using green against the swirling red/orange backlight

·
Registered
44 Posts
View attachment 751648
@CrucialHaunt , I'm using one 25 watt LED floodlight and one "Fire and Ice" red/orange light (from Spirit Halloween) in this display. This is the same location as the prior picture, I just changed the character from the pillory victim to the reaper, and this is the same LED light, this time using green against the swirling red/orange backlight
Ah! Looks good. I picked up a couple Fire & Ice lights from them this year, a green and an orange. With a coupon $20 each is worth the effect! I think I might grab one more of each and maybe try the purple too.

·
Registered
153 Posts
If you want year round landscape lighting I recommend getting some quality 12 volt brass fixtures like the Volt lighting set from Costco. You get 6 spots, 3 path light, cable and extra large transformer with room to expand to about 20-30 lights..depending on wattage bulb you choose. These are super easy to swap MR16 bulbs in. You can find 5 watt red, blue, green, purple, whatever LEDs MR16 bulbs on Amazon in the $3-5 range. What you are getting here is a bulletproof light set that you can use all the time.

They put it on sale a few times per year for $399. I don’t use the hubs they supply but it would make adding more temporary, seasonal lights at any time. I have 15 years of experience with landscape lighting and this is hard to beat. They are as rugged as anything out there with a lifetime warranty. While it’s a huge investment for Halloween lighting, it’s very small for a commercial landscape lighting set. Costco also sells add Volt spots for $40 or a set of 4 they have right now for $140 with additional cable.

After screwing around with individual LEDs and having them fail in a year or two out in the weather I thought, “why are you messing around with these when you install landscape lighting?”

I can offer tips and tricks if anyone needs it.

Photograph Plant Blue Light World

Started changing bulbs last night before anything goes out

·
Registered
902 Posts
I never use any sockit boxes. I just use outdoor extension cords and outdoor stake outlets. Never had any issues. We can get lots of rain in October. I use color changing led flood lights. I never use any over 35 watts......they are blinding!! I have used usteller and onfru brands. They all tend to leak so I seal mine with silicone before I put them out. My display stays out the whole month.

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts