Halloween Forum banner
201 - 220 of 268 Posts
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #202 ·
Heading out the door for a weekend of camping in the rain, so fun setting up a haunted campsite between the drips... Oh Well it's the PNW, Before we go want to send out thanks for the cards recently received.

Holly Haunter and Red Flayer - what a cute party gourd card thank you

Lauralouthatswho - What a cool idea for a card.. Frog opened it and goes this is a monster our dog Big( Mr. Riggs is a dane that weighs in at 250 YES 250so he's AKA as BIG or when we tease him Small) would be most interested in Big LOVES baked goods.... WHOLE french bread loaves when he can get them, stale hard as a rock is best. .. And WOW great art on the envelope.... I can see we have a real competition going on envelope art this year. Thanks

Lady Arsenic - Thanks go much for the fun tombstone card.

Ok we're off be good and play nice see you all on Monday.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hey friends, I think this question has come up before:
What to do with cards when the season is over? (I know it’s not ever really over, but you know what I mean.)

For mine, I have a book binding machine which I tried out with my 2020 cards, and I’m super happy with how it came out!

This is just 1 of 2 since they all didn’t fit in one book. I made them in 2 sizes, small and large, and will decorate and label them soon. This one is 9x6 inches.

I layered them with their envelope first (yes, I kept them) and then the card. I will decorate the cover with things that were added like confetti, stickers, etc.

Just wanted to share in case anyone is wondering the same thing.
That's a great idea. I've always kept cards, letters, etc. so I have a keepsake box that I put them in. I have letters from a pen pal I had as a teenager still.

Also Laura, I received your card today, loved it. I want to know if the art on the outside is a stamp or what?

·
Registered
109 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Thank you Lady Arsenic and Lauralouthatswho for the amazing homemade cards and stickers! Love them!

Making a book with the cards is an amazing idea-I may need to try something like that if I ever get the time!

Stinkerbell and Frog - your hearse was amazing! Thank you for sharing! Have a great camping trip and stay dry.

·
Registered
72 Posts
That's a great idea. I've always kept cards, letters, etc. so I have a keepsake box that I put them in. I have letters from a pen pal I had as a teenager still.

Also Laura, I received your card today, loved it. I want to know if the art on the outside is a stamp or what?
Thank you, glad you liked it. I found the envelope on a calligraphy website (I’m not sure if it’s available anymore), and I printed off copies.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Heading out the door for a weekend of camping in the rain, so fun setting up a haunted campsite between the drips... Oh Well it's the PNW, Before we go want to send out thanks for the cards recently received.

Holly Haunter and Red Flayer - what a cute party gourd card thank you

Lauralouthatswho - What a cool idea for a card.. Frog opened it and goes this is a monster our dog Big( Mr. Riggs is a dane that weighs in at 250 YES 250so he's AKA as BIG or when we tease him Small) would be most interested in Big LOVES baked goods.... WHOLE french bread loaves when he can get them, stale hard as a rock is best. .. And WOW great art on the envelope.... I can see we have a real competition going on envelope art this year. Thanks

Lady Arsenic - Thanks go much for the fun tombstone card.

Ok we're off be good and play nice see you all on Monday.
That’s too funny about the dog, true carb loaders!! The envelope was a template I found, I can’t take too much credit.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Wooohoooo! A Skullie card!!
First, did you draw these on the envelope?
Art Font Wood Pattern Drawing
Arthropod Spider Insect Arachnid Pest

I agree, you guys got creative with the envelope art this year! I need to step my game up for next year! Envelope art & gifts inside. Anyway, back to this beautiful Skullie card...
Brown Rectangle Art Font Wall

When you open it...
Wood Rectangle Art Tints and shades Font

A new picture slides over!
Brown Rectangle Wood Textile Font

Here's the back
Orange Art Font Rectangle Poster

Thank you Skullie, EZ & Coby! Amazing as per usual!

·
Registered
243 Posts
So it finally stopped raining here and thus I actually stopped and checked my mailbox tonight. Spooky surprises were awaiting me inside, and it was not just the occasional small spider that likes to make a home in my mailbox. I had got 4 Halloween cards sometime in the past few days. Here are the ones that arrived from some lovely Halloween forum people!

Holly Haunter & Red Flyer - thanks for the cool steampunk gourd. I think I should maybe make one of these kinds of guys to add to my pumpkin patch.
Lady Arsenic - thank you for my personalized tombstone. I may need one of those sooner than I think. ;-)
Laurlouthatswho - thank you for the chuckle you gave me when I opened your creative card. I needed that after another stressful day at work. (also love the print on the envelope)
Araniella - thank you for your Halloween greetings again this year. I've always loved those old Universal monsters ever since I was a little kid.

Can't wait to see what else arrives in my mailbox and everyone else's as well.

·
Registered
962 Posts
The great pumpkin has brought more Halloween greetings
thank you
holly haunter & red flayer for cute Halloween greetings
Goth kitty lady for the card and puzzle 🎃 👽 👻💀☠🎃

·
Somewhat Eccentric
2,375 Posts
Dropped the last batch of cards at the post office about an hour ago. The first batch should be arriving any day now.

I received three more cards today and wanted to say thank you to everyone whose card I've received so far:

Lauralouthatswho
chocolatechip1979
Lady Arsenic
Skullie
Cinthius
BromBones
Hallowmas
Shadow Panther
Holly Haunter
Goth Kitty Lady
Ash-1031
Saki.Girl
Araniella

Still deciding how I'm going to display them and will be posting pictures of all cards soon.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
How are you guys doing this with the envelopes?! Did I see a post where you can download pictures and print them? I love this witch! ❤ Her bodice, the cauldron, her hat, even the stamp is pretty!
Art Rectangle Font Paper Drawing

The Walking Bread....that is adorable & so unique! Thank you LauraLouThat'sWho!
Rectangle Wood Table Material property Art

Brown Font Pattern Art Event

Hairstyle Handwriting Textile Sleeve Grey

So cute!

Attachments

201 - 220 of 268 Posts