Halloween Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

Along with all the other fun stuff, one of my favorite traditions has become finding unique Fall/Pumpkin themed beers/ciders for the adults.

Admittedly, I am not a HUGE pumpkin flavor fan BUT I do try many different beers through the season for fun.

Last year I fell in love with the Southern Tier PumKing & Warlock. Anything you all look forward too?

·
Registered
51 Posts
While not strictly a pumpkin beer or cider, Southern Tier's Creme Brulee has been my end of evening beer on our night for years now.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
I started a Pumpkin Ale thread a decade ago, and usually refresh it. The Official Pumpkin Ale thread | Halloween Forum I think it's a bit early yet to see any, but we're getting closer. Most of the ones I've tried are more miss than hit, unfortunately. Some of the best were Travelers (which was taken off the shelves), Susquehanna, Jack's, and Blue Moon. I like to include the Oktoberfest ones as well. A local brewery had the best yet, Bubes Brewery in Mt. Joy, but we didn't go up last year with the Pandemic. Hopefully they brew it again with the same ingredients, although it came out very late 2 years ago, and I mean after Halloween. If people can post their sightings that would be great.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I started a Pumpkin Ale thread a decade ago, and usually refresh it. The Official Pumpkin Ale thread | Halloween Forum I think it's a bit early yet to see any, but we're getting closer. Most of the ones I've tried are more miss than hit, unfortunately. Some of the best were Travelers (which was taken off the shelves), Susquehanna, Jack's, and Blue Moon. I like to include the Oktoberfest ones as well. A local brewery had the best yet, Bubes Brewery in Mt. Joy, but we didn't go up last year with the Pandemic. Hopefully they brew it again with the same ingredients, although it came out very late 2 years ago, and I mean after Halloween. If people can post their sightings that would be great.
Your from the Mt Joy area? I live in Palmyra!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'm a huge pumpkin ale fan and some of my yearly favorites are:
Southern Tier Pumking
Smuttynose Pumpkin Ale
Southern Tier Harvest Ale
Cisco Pumple Drumkin
Sam Adams Pumpkin Patch
Two Roads Roadsmary's Baby
New Holland's Ichabod
Cigar City Good Gourd!

I am looking forward to this year's Oktoberfest from Sierra Nevada!

·
It's pronounced "Fronkensteen."
741 Posts
Fall means 2 things to me, Halloween and Oktoberfest! Unfortunately I'm not a fan of the pumpkin flavor beers but do love to sample all the seasonal varieties that come out. I have several microbreweries a short walk or drive from my house, New Oberfaltz Brewing is my favorite. I also go in for a good mulled wine. My go to is Head Games from St. Julians, or Witches Brew from Leelenau Cellars

·
Registered
163 Posts
For big-name and easy-to-find (when it's the season), I actually like Blue Moon's Harvest Pumpkin Wheat. But I sort of like all Blue moons :p

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey All,

Along with all the other fun stuff, one of my favorite traditions has become finding unique Fall/Pumpkin themed beers/ciders for the adults.

Admittedly, I am not a HUGE pumpkin flavor fan BUT I do try many different beers through the season for fun.

Last year I fell in love with the Southern Tier PumKing & Warlock. Anything you all look forward too?
Elysian Punkaccino. It is a coffee pumpkin beer.a

·
Registered
166 Posts
Finally found some! Left three are new to me. I had to fight the BevMo assistant manager, who refused to sell the Warlock to me because "it wouldn't come up on the register" even though it was in my shopping cart and we could look up the SKU and price online. So I stood there, ordered two packs online, and then some helpful guy tracked down where the asst manager had hid the cases in the back and brought them to me. :|

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Hubby starting buying his favorite pumpkin beers early & is keeping them in the basement.
He was pretty bummed last year because everything sold out before Halloween. Did anyone else have
issues last year?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Talking to our local liquor store about that several years ago, they said the pumpkin beers begin to arrive in August, and if you have favorites, to stock up then, as they don't make more. The breweries have access to only so much pumpkin.

so if you see something you like, plan accordingly...

·
Registered
166 Posts
Elysian Pumpkin Pack (my favorite) arrived at my local BevMo today. I've got 12 cases being delivered this afternoon. :)

·
Registered
166 Posts
Hubby starting buying his favorite pumpkin beers early & is keeping them in the basement.
He was pretty bummed last year because everything sold out before Halloween. Did anyone else have
issues last year?
For sure. Felt like it was all gone by October. So I'm stocking up this year.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Couple new (to me) finds at Trader Joe's. A Buffalo Bill's America's Original Pumpkin Ale (didn't do anything for me, just like their Black Pumpkin Oatmeal Stout). Also Howling Gourds from Josephsbrau Brewing in San Jose, CA that was pretty good and my only issue was possibly too much spice.

Ingredient Beverage can Canning Aluminum can Alcoholic beverage
Bottle Liquid Drinkware Glass bottle Beer

1 - 20 of 23 Posts