Halloween Forum banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Sorry. But I would love to do this. But I think I'm going to drop out because I cant figure out how to do this. You all have fun
Hallorene - I messaged you about 2 weeks ago with my address. If you still want to join, just reply in "conversations" with your address :)

1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Sorry. But I would love to do this. But I think I'm going to drop out because I cant figure out how to do this. You all have fun
Sorry you feel you need to drop out. I know you've done the exchanges in the past.

You are not the first to have issues with the new format. I hope you get things figured out and will join us for the Walpurgus ( formally Rotten Easter Eggs) exchange in April.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,527 Posts
This is my first card exchange, not sure why I haven't done one previously, but for some reason I thought it worked more like Secret Reaper. You send one person your address, they make a list & then instead of pairing people up that person sends out the list of addresses to everyone & then you can decide how many to send.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,527 Posts
Going to work on mine tomorrow & get them out this week! I finally got our office straightened out enough to do something useful in there & found all sorts of stuff I needed & had forgotten I even had. I have soooo much card stock that I'd "borrowed" from the last job so it's now all sorted by color & I plan on printing & gluing things together tomorrow.

·
Jumpin' Jack Flash
1,277 Posts
i'm hoping to get mine sent out wednesday or thursday of this week. if i've missed anyone, feel free to PM me.

1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
This is my first card exchange, not sure why I haven't done one previously, but for some reason I thought it worked more like Secret Reaper. You send one person your address, they make a list & then instead of pairing people up that person sends out the list of addresses to everyone & then you can decide how many to send.
Card exchange has been around long before I took them over, the system worked so I never changed how they were done. Back in the day the Halloween card exchange could have over 150 join in or so I was told. We've had a few international members join in as well. No way there would be a master list for that many and no way everyone would want to send that many cards. It's always been mention in your post where you'd like to send cards, US or everywhere and how many cards you're up for sending, message whom you'd like to exchange with and hope they message you back with a yes.

Alas there have been some issues with the new "conversation" messaging we now have. Had a couple of people either not get the function to work or some other issue.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,527 Posts
Wow! 150!! That would be a crazy list to keep up with!

I hate that it's called "Start Conversation" now instead of "Messaging" or what it used to be "Private Messaging" or PM. I'm so used to saying "PM me with the info". I KNOW it's now "conversation" but I still have a hard time finding it sometimes.

You also used to be able to click a screen name & have the messaging option pop up. Now you have click on the name, go into their profile & find "Start Conversation" & it doesn't seem intuitive. Even if you've been posting on message boards for years, which I have, & know your way around different forums, it's just a really weird format.

1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I've never seen 150 myself but I was up to 45 this past Halloween. Krampus and Valentines were also much larger then they are now. Krampus could have nearly 100 and Valentines about 50 but over the years the numbers like the secret reaps have dropped a whole lot.

Yeah I'm not fond of the "new" conversation format. For me it's not so much "starting" one, though there have been an issue or two, it's keeping track of replies back. The old format was much easier for me.

·
Registered
884 Posts
vampycat be sending the cards out by weeks end
plenty to go around if anyone else wants to join

·
Registered
552 Posts
I'll join. I've been gone awhile, I've missed this. Message me please, or I'll do it tonight when i get home. I'm making cards this weekend, so they should be on time

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,527 Posts
I also went a bit overboard but this was my first one & I now have the time to get extra. I also have extra stuff that needs a good home. So everyone got a few "extras" with their actual card.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Stinkerbell and frog prince - thank you for the card and blast from the past! Your cards are always so clever :) I haven't seen a "fortune teller" since grade school! Love it!

·
Jumpin' Jack Flash
1,277 Posts
later than i intended, but my cards are going in the mail today. hopefully someone gets a chuckle out of my stupid sense of humor. :D

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,527 Posts
One last one going out tomorrow. I totally forgot to hit the post office today. The weather is crappy & rainy & I just wanted to get home from CVS & the grocery store.

·
Jumpin' Jack Flash
1,277 Posts
i've received 4 out of the 6 that i connected with (sorry for anyone in this thread that i missed), and i can say for sure that you're all a great deal more creative and artistic than i am. 😂

21 - 40 of 48 Posts