Halloween Forum banner

2020 UK and Europe Halloween thread (join in wherever you're from!)

19K views 332 replies 34 participants last post by  DandyBrit 
#1 ·
Don't think anyone's done this yet?

Here we are in 2020 - so what do people have planned? Any projects bubbling away in the old grey matter? Seen anything that can be used for Halloween yet?

Don't be shy. Lob your comments in please.

#125 ·
Agreed there's a lot of uncertainty around ToT'ing this year. Said elsewhere but if you put stuff up it's only reasonable to expect the possibility for people to show up, so best to prepare for that.

I'm conflicted - I'm thinking there'll be a lockdown second week of October. Hopefully it's just pessimism though.

My plan is to put a display out, and then individually wrap bags of treats on a camping table.

#127 ·
I agree. If one of those unfortunate situations comes to fruition I will probably remove whatever decorations I have up (if any) and put out a "see you next year ToTers" banner to discourage visitors. As it stands I plan to buy treats a week before, probably soft drinks again and hopefully a gutter slide will work to distribute them. Hopefully the upcoming two months will be kind to us all.

Good to hear about Home Bargains! I did read Poundland are having stock delivered, not on sale ywt tho.

#128 ·
I've been looking in stores for the last month or so hoping to see things being put out... Nothing appeared. But then this last week or so, everything has started making its way onto shelves.. If you have a Home Sense or a TK Maxx near you they have plenty in. Grab it early before the good stuff goes and keep checking every week or so as they change stock. I bought a few items at bargain prices.. (y) ;)

#129 ·
^ I'd disagree about TK Maxx having plenty in - it seems to vary from store to store but a lot have very little in. I am in some Halloween FB groups and there have been a lot of complaints from people about the lack of stock at TK. I would never order and have delivered from TK as it seems to arrive broken more often than not.

#131 ·
Going to be a strange year indeed and hard year to predict the next few weeks to months. I'm going for it this year with a haunted maze but I will be most likely be doing bookable time slots. Allocation of time for cleaning touch points in the maze and disinfectant fog. Scare actors with face coverings and behind plastic screens. I may change this to no actors but will see how the days leading up to Halloween go. Sweets in packets and in individual bowls or bags. If we lockdown I don't mind moving the date into November or I will do a virtual tour of the maze with Family members experiencing the Haunt. Would be a shame but if that's what we got to do then I will do it. We don't normally get many TOT around here, I think I had one or two children arrive last year lol.

Progress so far

#132 ·
Costco have added the scarecrow pumpkin head (£129.99)

2ft Ghost (£57.99)

Hardly anything on Home Bargains site, but the skeleton butler is back for £29.99

#133 ·
B&M have started to get their stuff in now. They have some cheap polystyrene tombstones, some nice Halloween hessian bunting and a fairly decent lights selection.

I bought some orange curtain lights (£4), se orange string lights (£5), orange purple and green string lights (£5) and a set of 50 'micro' flickering orange lights (£3).

The latter are going to be perfect for a glowing fire effect

#135 ·
Went to B and M and got the orange flickering lights for £3 (thanks Hogyween) - also the ghostly phantom projector. Have done a bit of an experiment with back projecting this one onto a shower curtain to see how it looks. Not bad - will need to stretch the sheet tight to get a better effect. My main problem with doing this is the front bedroom windows get a lot of light from the street light directly outside our house. That's where I want to put the show on so I'll have to a trial run there at night.

#138 ·
If anyone is looking for a decent fog machine, I highly recommend the crenova 500 LED sold on amazon... it just filled my entire house in a few blasts!

I can't figure out how to set the lights to one colour though (green for my swamp) , so if anyone out there has this machine, I'd appreciate some advice!

#147 · (Edited)
Rule of 6, oh dear. I'm definitely sticking to a no ToT Halloween cause 1. Its for the best and 2. I can't be bothered reading/listening to the constant doom and gloom in the coming weeks. The area I live in is already on the governments area of concern list. October 1st I will put out a banner saying no ToT and then I will decorate! Whatever you're planning, I hope it goes ahead :)

(I edited post as it was rather negative)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.