Halloween Forum banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Very quiet on the home front here - everyone is presumably hunkering down and staying safe. Things relating to Halloween are probably the last thing on your mind. I was thinking about putting tealights in my ceramic outdoor pumpkins one night just to cheer myself up.

·
Registered
37 Posts
so i have decided that i want to add a giant evil pumpkin creature to my haunt, so being as i am stuck at home, i thought i know make the head from paper mache ( saw a great how to, on you tube). only thing is you cant find any flour anywhere.
:(
If you can get your hands on joint compound and pva glue, works even better and doesnt rot or mould.

·
Super Moderator
5,703 Posts

Police have said they are keen to trace a person who has been walking around a village dressed as a 17th Century plague doctor.

Residents of Hellesdon, near Norwich, have been both "terrified" and amused by the individual dressed in a black cloak, hat, and pointed beak-like mask.

Doctors treating those with the Black Death believed the mask acted as a filter against the disease.

Police said they would like to give the individual some "words of advice".

It is thought the person has been dressing this way for about two weeks for their daily walk, with a photograph posted on a village social media page attracting many different points of view.
Ok, which of you was it?

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Hi Batley - just trying to keep it together at the moment. Waiting for MIL to come out of the hospital - she went in with pneumonia and COPD and caught Covid while she was in there. Hopefully she will be OK as she does not have symptoms - just a positive test result.

Lost my job to redundancy just before the whole thing started. Would have been looking at casual work in the leisure industry to get by but obviously that hasn't happened!! Living on the redundancy money at the moment.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I hope your MIL makes a full recovery, and I'm also very sorry to read about your jobloss. Fingers crossed the situation improves for us all.

I'm back at the family home for the forseable and unfortunately someone here had a positive result yesterday, I fully expected it to happen given their work environment. No symptoms but they are suffering from a flare up of a recurring illness, just hope it hasnt been brought on by Covid.

I'm not optimistic things will have improved a great deal by Halloween, not that I care about Halloween day currently.

I hope you keep well guys, and your famlies and friends.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Sorry to hear about the positive Covid result of the family member Batley. It's scary when that happens because you don't know how bad it will be. Hopefully it will be minor in nature.

Luckily we are both OK health wise - we were worried about the mum in law as she has dementia, has now been diagnosed with pneumonia and COPD and then goes and catches Covid in the hospital. The annoying thing is that prior to going into hospital we had been careful about who went to the house etc. so she had been OK as far as we knew.

Anyway hope everyone on the forum stays safe and avoids the zombie apocalypse. Just think about H day and that should cheer you up.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
MIL now out of hospital - looking frail and thin. Thankfully she is home though and we have carers in place to help with the pressure.

On the Halloween side - managed to find two large black plastic tube inners for the big carpet rolls from the carpet showroom nearby. About 15 feet long and maybe 6-8 inches in diameter. No idea what I will use them for yet but never turn down an opportunity I say. Have to say that lugging them home on foot by yourself is a good workout on a hot day like today.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
MIL now out of hospital - looking frail and thin. Thankfully she is home though and we have carers in place to help with the pressure.

On the Halloween side - managed to find two large black plastic tube inners for the big carpet rolls from the carpet showroom nearby. About 15 feet long and maybe 6-8 inches in diameter. No idea what I will use them for yet but never turn down an opportunity I say. Have to say that lugging them home on foot by yourself is a good workout on a hot day like today.
Glad to hear that your MIL in on the mend and home where she can "properly" be taken care of. On a brighter note, Halloween is just around the corner, and it sounds like you already have your thinking cap on. (y)🎃

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
^Cheers ScareyCarrie - there were times when we thought she wasn't coming home at all. Covid positive at 85 years old is not a good thing - however she was one of those who never manifested symptoms which was a relief.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
^Cheers ScareyCarrie - there were times when we thought she wasn't coming home at all. Covid positive at 85 years old is not a good thing - however she was one of those who never manifested symptoms which was a relief.
That's wonderful DandyBrit. I work at a major hospital and have seen how devastating this virus can be. So happy to hear that she is home and doing well.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Excellent news @DandyBrit - I know I'm a little late at replying but i still hope it's the case that she's doing well now (you, too ).

My family member was given the wrong test result, they were in fact negative. We followed through with the self isolation regardless. My town is currently a covid hot spot, supposedly, no suprise as social distancing is only obeserved whilst queing to enter stores.

Here's hoping the next 5 months wil vastly improve the situation.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
That's good news Batley. It's a worrying time for everyone. The MIL situation is ever evolving and we take it one day at a time. With dementia it's not going to get better unfortunately.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Excellent news @DandyBrit - I know I'm a little late at replying but i still hope it's the case that she's doing well now (you, too ).

My family member was given the wrong test result, they were in fact negative. We followed through with the self isolation regardless. My town is currently a covid hot spot, supposedly, no suprise as social distancing is only obeserved whilst queing to enter stores.

Here's hoping the next 5 months wil vastly improve the situation.
My brother was given a wrong COVID-19 test result as well. Told he was positive, then a few hours later they called to say he was negative. It was the scariest 4 hours of his life.....ours too.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts