Halloween Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't think anyone's done this yet?

Here we are in 2020 - so what do people have planned? Any projects bubbling away in the old grey matter? Seen anything that can be used for Halloween yet?

Don't be shy. Lob your comments in please.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I've taken on the role of full time caregiver for me dad recently so in my spare moments to keep me sane, I'm slowly building up a nightmare herbology shelf with weird plants and leafy creatures like Mandrakes and Audrey II's.

Good for you. When I was younger I looked after both my parents until they died and it can be a rewarding but extremely exhausting experience. Just make sure you have enough 'you time' now an again. :)

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is hard as a carer. My husband looks after his mum who has Alzheimer's so there is no real down time.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Yeah I can well sympathise. Both my parents (who lived in two separate parts of town) developed dementia and it nearly killed me dealing with them towards the end.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi everyone!
Since I'm from Europe I thought I'd join in.
I've been focusing on Halloween stuff to keep my mind off all the craziness going on.
For years I've been a lurker on HF but this year I'm planning on being more active on the participating part.

Ideas are bubbling, plans are made and even a few crafts are already in the making.
We host a halloweenparty every other year. This year our theme is A night at the museum of the undead. I will be opening another thread covering all the preparations and builds.

I'm glad I stumbled upon this thread. Looking forward to sharing ideas and hoping maybe more folks from mainland Europe will join in.

Oh.. since English isn't my native language you guys have to cut me some slack sometimes ;)

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Kirsten - welcome to the forum! The more the merrier on here.
Looking forward to seeing what you have planned.
By the way your English is actually brilliant - better than some of the Brits around where I live!

·
Registered
413 Posts
🎃 Hello everybody! Just a Yankee wishing all members across the pond only the BEST in 2020. After all, there wouldn't BE a Halloween (or most of the elements that exemplify it) were it not for the UK and Europe!
Okay, back to lurking now...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hey all!
I'm an American living in Germany(9 months out of the year for work) Usually i end up going back to the US in September/October. Really wish I was able to stay longer to experience halloween here in europe.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Welcome @KirstenO! and greetings to you both @Tasty Brains @LibertyFright

I'm not going to complain as there are others in worse situations than myself at this current time, as I now have a minimum of two weeks stuck at home (not due to myself) so I've ordered some craft supplies - fingers crossed for the 2020 Halloween card exchange, then! A tonne of respect for those keeping the country going.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I've got soooooo much bubbling away in my head and in my Halloween note book. I took a year out in 2019 due to personal problems so I've still got the list of stuff from last years list to build. I didn't even upload any photos from 2018. You know when things just get on top of you it can take a while to get back to normal.

I am going to have a bit of a revamp of certain areas this year. I went through the "I am ready to just pack it al in stage" but following a couple of haunters last year on YouTube, in particular Haunted tents and listening to HAUNTCAST gave me the inspiration to keep going.

I have collected so many car loads of stuff off Facebook over the last couple of years, mostly for free. Such as foam sheets old lights, bits of furniture etc from people clearing out old houses that I've got loads of things to make props with.

The main thing with me is normally finding the time to get stuff done, but this year I'm crossing all my fingers and toes.

Last year was a nice change not to be rushing about getting stressed out for the month of October, followed by the big strip down and pack away.It also made a change to go with my little one trick or treating as opposed to staying at home with the haunt.

This year I am going with my normal approach of making what props I want/like and fitting them in my walkthrough. I never have a set theme, just different display areas.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts