Wahoooo... I got my rototiller back from the repairman. Sure, it's about a month late, but I have talked to all my plants and told them they will need to really push themselves this year to grow faster. The beds for the pumpkins and corn will be ready in a couple of more days. I want to till it all one more time, and it rained yesterday. So, later this evening I will be out grinding up the clay and grass into what I hope will become lush soil. Although, I realize the ingredients I'm mixing together are the same ones for making bricks. We'll see which way it turns out later this summer. On the plus side, tomorrow is supposed to be in the nineties, so I'm pretty sure the plants will enjoy being under shade a bit longer before being planted. A few days from now it's supposed to be cloudy again with more traditional temperatures in the upper 70's.
But today and tomorrow are supposed to be rain free, so while the garden waits, I will be working on another backyard project.
The mausoleum is getting a dye job, nothing major, just a bit of paint to even things out. Last year was the first year the entire mausoleum went up, and there were some color differences between the pieces. They were all made at different times of the year, with different weather conditions. So, some pieces are darker than others, some are more fluid looking because it was raining when I painted them; you know, normal haunting stuff. So, I have them all out, and they're getting painted to even everything out. It's not exactly pumpkins, but it is Halloween.