Halloween Forum banner

81 - 100 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Our state went back into lockdown recently so this is going to be harder then I thought. I was planning on hitting thrift stores but...I think I need to limit my time out of the house even more then I have been. So I'm left with crafting. I'm not the most crafty person...hopefully my victim doesn't mind my poor attempts at crafting things. I'm going to try my hardest. I might be able to sneak in a visit to a thrift store if I'm lucky...probably in Dec though...just to be safe.
my city is going back into lockdown too. good luck! ❤❤❤❤

·
Registered
400 Posts
I find prices on eBay and Etsy are often higher priced then I would normally like to pay for things. I'm a firm believer in stretching your money out and getting the most out of it, hence why thrift stores are such a gift. But yeah...I might take a gander on Etsy...for ideas if nothing else. Because as mentioned, shipping something out to me would come into play and shipping times this year have been worse then ever (for obvious reasons). I'd hate to buy something and have it come out too late.

I've gotten two ideas thus far from surfing Pinterest...they look simple enough for even me to pull off so I just need to gather supplies. Most of which I have on hand, but there are a few items I would need to pick up. I'm hoping I can find the supplies at one store because I don't want to go store hopping for things unless I have to...I might change my ideas on the fly to make use of what I can find at the store. One idea that I had on my own was to make an ornament...I've never done this type of thing before so no idea if it will even turn out right but if it does it should look super cool for my victim because it's right up their alley. I just have to find the item I'm going to make into an ornament...which will require hunting it down...big house, lots of stuff...hard to find things sometimes!

·
Registered
38 Posts
My Dearest Victim,
I have just returned home from shopping (6 hours). I may have... what’s the phrase?...oh! “Went overboard!” I’m sure you didn’t mean for me to use your list like a “shopping list.” But hey, I didn’t buy everything! I did by multiple versions of something you asked for. Not sure if I’ll choose the ones I like better and take the rest back or send them all. I just wish I would have been able to grab some more things when the stores still had Halloween items.
This may be expensive to ship. LOL.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yeah .shipping is ridiculous!!
I am quite envious about how awesome your shipping is. If done right, compared to here, it is extremely affordable. Or at least it was last time I checked...

I just realized that I need to make sure that I try to get my parcel out before December. Because of Covid we are supposedly already Christmas season level of busy, I would hate to even start to consider what it is going to be like when you include the actual Christmas season into the mix. Plus, I have spoken to enough Canada Post employees over the years to know some of what happens behind the scenes during Christmas season and I am afraid of what is going to happen this year...

·
Registered
400 Posts
I managed to make it to the store for supplies...I didn't find everything I needed but I found a material on something that I'm going to "harvest" it from so that should work. I'll have to dig out my hot glue gun, I think I know where I last left it. But I think I can start crafting now...well not now now, tomorrow now. Bit tired.

I did look on Etsy and I actually found an idea though it requires a somewhat old fashioned item that I'm not sure you can even buy in stores anymore. My mom MIGHT have some but she's unsure. If I can't find it in our house somewhere I'll probably pass on that idea and just stick with my original ideas.

1,359 Posts
Yes, it is! Does anyone have any experience shipping with Fed-Ex or UPS as opposed to the US postal service?
After too many reaps going astay over the years we've started to use UPS and never had an issue. They sometimes come in a tad cheaper too.... Alas if your victim uses a PO Box as their address ONLY the USPS will deliver to those.

·
Registered
38 Posts
To my reaper,
I’m so sorry that I am not technologically savvy. I stated that I hoped to add my Pinterest to my list and I fully intended to. However, I am unable to figure out how to do so. I hope that the list will be enough for you to work with. I’m sure I’ll love anything you come up with.

81 - 100 of 113 Posts