Halloween Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am new here and I love the idea of sharing ideas with other halloween loving people. I am thinking ahead for ideas and would like some feedback on what I have come up with. I recently came across a warehouse of vintage props that have been in storage for 20 yrs unused. Needless to say I went a little overboard but came away with some great stuff, most of which have a "castle, gothic mansion, haunted house" vibe and I want to combine that with a vampire and bed and breakfast theme. When I ask my husband he just rolls his eyes! I am already buying accessories so I need to know it's not as crazy as he thinks. I came up with a haunted mansion dead and breakfast that is hosting a vampire convention and blood drive. Well, let me know what you think, I think I can handle it, thanks

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,872 Posts
Welcome to Halloween Forum! :D

I think it sounds lovely and you can have lots of fun setting this up.

A few examples of other members' take on the hotel/bed & breakfast idea:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you so much for the great photos and ideas, I am so glad I found this website! I hope I can pull it off but I sure am going to have fun trying, thanks again

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Please do post pictures of your haul and any progress you make! We like pictures here. ;-)

·
Registered
733 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I love your idea 🎃 Here are two Pinterest links for ideas

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
More great ideas! It will be hard to choose which way to go, I will just blend together with my ideas the ones that work for my situation. Thanks for posting

·
Registered
61 Posts
Last year we did a haunted gold mine, this year we'll be doing an asylum. Really need to post the video of last years walk through. I like the vampire Dead and Breakfast idea. Keep us updated.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the encouragement, I have all these ideas in my head, the hard part is to pick out the best and run with it. I LOVE the idea of a haunted mine, very original, post pictures if you get the chance. Year before last I did a haunted saloon and had alot of fun with that.

·
Dawn of the Dead
1,832 Posts
You will have so much fun with this theme. It was one of my favorite to decorate. Here's like a gazillion ideas: https://www.pinterest.com/zim2/halloween-haunted-hotel/ Somebody here had a banner in a room that said Transylvanian Convention. Always liked that idea. It gave a reason for the monsters to congregate.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, I am already having fun planning and shopping online, got an amazon gift card for Xmas so you know what I will be using that on! Isn't pinterest the best, I can search for hours at a time on there and still never see it all, one thing just leads to another.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm already envious of your find! Please post pictures of your haul. The vampire's dead and breakfast sounds awesome.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Some of you asked for pics of my "haul" of things I got on Craigslist, so here are a few. Sorry, the skull archway and the gargoyle pillars are not set up, you will have to use your imagination. The skull archway is at least 7 feet tall and the pillars about 5' .The knight has a skull face and light up eyes when you lift the helmet, he also has a bottom half not shown. I was taking these pics just to document what was going in my storage area so I didn't really put much effort in it. The skull pic next to the knight is about 6 feet tall when put together, I plan to put an orange flame light inside it. I also got some "old school" rubber skeletons you don't see nowadays, some freaky large bats and more. I was in halloween heaven! It took 2 jeep cherokees to haul it all away.
20191117_164345.jpg 20191117_164759.jpg 20191117_163941.jpg 20191117_164018.jpg 20191117_164103.jpg 20191117_164034.jpg

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well I did do some major damage to my wallet but I had to because I didn't know if I would be able to return and you don't get that kind of chance very often.

·
Registered
535 Posts
That first pic of the mummified corpse.......my dear God......how, where, when do I get one?!?!?! That is the most hauntingly amazing thing I have ever seen!!! If you ever want to sell it, please let me know!!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hi, I don't have any plans to sell it at the moment but I did reach out to the person I got it from to see if he has more, I will let you know if he does

1 - 19 of 19 Posts