Halloween Forum banner

When do you start decorating indoors?

• Total voters
61 - 80 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
I've started inside in our 'sitting room'...it's MCM so I went with vintage vibe in there. We've started collecting some more 'limited' pieces like the chicken lips and the Charmed confections so those will stay out year round. Tomorrow I plan to start transforming the dining room to 'Dark and Deco' from Joann Fabric--i LOVE this elegant theme.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I've started inside in our 'sitting room'...it's MCM so I went with vintage vibe in there. We've started collecting some more 'limited' pieces like the chicken lips and the Charmed confections so those will stay out year round. Tomorrow I plan to start transforming the dining room to 'Dark and Deco' from Joann Fabric--i LOVE this elegant theme. View attachment 737350 View attachment 737351 View attachment 737352 View attachment 737353
Your decorating style is fabulous. Where did you find the mid-century style curtains and throw pillows with the pumpkins on them?

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
Your decorating style is fabulous. Where did you find the mid-century style curtains and throw pillows with the pumpkins on them?
thank you. this room makes me so happy. <3

curtains/throw pillows from Society6.com

·
Registered
312 Posts
Nothing goes outside until day of Halloween,because I lack a porch .so right now the inside is done,computer room and living room

·
Premium Member
1,207 Posts
Is anyone beginning to decorate indoors yet? Is it too early? I usually start getting antsy to put things out around Labor Day but I try to hold off until the first day of autumn. Over the years I have invested considerable time and money in my Halloween collection and want to enjoy it for as long as possible.

Is anyone willing to share thoughts on what is an appropriate timeline for indoor decorating?

For multiple reasons I don’t decorate outside until mid October.
The real question should be, “does anyone ever stop decorating inside?” I am fortunate that I married a man who likes my weirdness and helped me build a Halloween Room where I can get my fix all year long!

·
Premium Member
1,207 Posts
I've started inside in our 'sitting room'...it's MCM so I went with vintage vibe in there. We've started collecting some more 'limited' pieces like the chicken lips and the Charmed confections so those will stay out year round. Tomorrow I plan to start transforming the dining room to 'Dark and Deco' from Joann Fabric--i LOVE this elegant theme. View attachment 737350 View attachment 737351 View attachment 737352 View attachment 737353
That’s gorgeous!!

·
Registered
2,657 Posts

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
this is so weird....I jumped in and did the sitting room...whang bang, it's done! I'm not ready to move onto the dining room and I just can't. i've never been hesitant about decorating a room. I almost feel like i'm not 'good enough' to attempt the dark and deco in that room. But I guess I'm going in....like...NOW!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I took out some boxes last night to "remember" what I have and will decorate the inside this weekend. I will do the outside around October 1-3.

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
i put a jack stack on the porch yesterday and the HOA hasn't tacked a note on my door yet. This is our first year here so I'm not sure what's the 'de rigeur' yet.

·
Registered
41 Posts

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,963 Posts
Well we put out the outdoor blow molds today. They're not all plugged in yet but they're out in their usual spots next to the house.

I'm usually an Oct.-1-for-Halloween-stuff-being-out-in-the-yard-&-house kinda gal because I don't want it to become overwhelming & less special for me & the neighbors (we don't have an HOA so no worries there), but this year is so different in so many ways. I'm not working this year, my husband is working from home every day until January at least, the pandemic crap, that I figured why not?

I'll work on the rest of the house this week maybe because, honestly, it'll take me a good week to clean up the joint to make it less crapped up to up what is basically....welll...more crap!! :D

·
Registered
275 Posts
Today I got the first part of my indoor display set up, just in time for Talk like a Pirate Day! Truthfully, since every day is TLAPD, I was cheerfully reminded of the significance of the day by my dear and patient wife!
Just a quick pic, as I already loaded a bunch in my recent thread,
In honor of International Talk Like a Pirate Day, I... -

I love seeing everyone's unique and eerily wonderful designs and builds! Keep 'em coming!

61 - 80 of 86 Posts