Halloween Forum banner

When do you start decorating indoors?

• Total voters
41 - 60 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Ok, so we all have seen “that house” that is set up or starts to set up for halloween in the summer or early fall. How many of us have already started putting together their yard haunt? Feel free to post pics of your progress.
My city asked me not to set up until Oct 31st. I'm fine with that, I don't want my had work to disappear. It'll come down that night also.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I've started... a piece at a time. Since the kids in the neighborhood love my place, I wanted to get a little head start not knowing what TOT will be. Plus we've got some other things going on that make me budget my time. Anyhow, I've made a little contest for the kiddos to try and guess my themes and to keep track of what's going out. I posted this on my community FB page:

Presentation2.jpg

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am wanting to start dragging stuff out this weekend! But I’m still trying to come up with a thyme!! I’m having a very hard time coming up with a new thyme for this year!! After 20+ years of decorating, hard to come up with new thyme! And I cannot bring myself to do the same thing 2 years in a row!

·
Registered
160 Posts
I need to start early as I do it all by myself....lugging those plastic bins is a pain and I must have 60+ not counting the Lemax/Dept 56 lay out ( I have failed to put the houses up the last two year as I have run out of steam). I’m 70 now so my upper body strength isn’t what it once was. I only do indoor as I just don’t have the space to store anything more. I have a lot of people viewing my Halloween decor every year....it’s like a month long open house!
This year may be different given the current pandemic issues and I will take a general head count to see who would be willing to come this year...if there are too many that are reluctant I may pass at a whole house job.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I am wanting to start dragging stuff out this weekend! But I’m still trying to come up with a thyme!! I’m having a very hard time coming up with a new thyme for this year!! After 20+ years of decorating, hard to come up with new thyme! And I cannot bring myself to do the same thing 2 years in a row!
Retro or classic seems to be big this year.
If you want something twisted, bugs bunny meets hazel the witch gone wrong. Hazel ends up in her cauldron instead of Bugs.
Or how about a updated version of Abbott and Costello meet Frankenstein's monster or the mummy or wolfman .
Or a modern version of Canterbury ghost, sleepy hallow or The ghost and Mr Chicken.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Is anyone beginning to decorate indoors yet? Is it too early? I usually start getting antsy to put things out around Labor Day but I try to hold off until the first day of autumn. Over the years I have invested considerable time and money in my Halloween collection and want to enjoy it for as long as possible.

Is anyone willing to share thoughts on what is an appropriate timeline for indoor decorating?

For multiple reasons I don’t decorate outside until mid October.
I'm building my fence!

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
My Haunted Tents is slated to start going up around Sept 10th, aka next week ,, it takes around 39 days to set the entire display lol.. one nice thing about the set up process i go into daily vlog mode and vlog each day im working on the haunt.. if any one is interested in seeing the vlogs look up Ramath Ltol on you tube or youll be able to find it on my Haunted Tents FB page once filming starts..

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have some that stay out all year, but I usually start inside the last weekend of August, first weekend of September. Outside I'll start middle of this month. I start early so I can tweak things, move stuff around, buy more if I need it, to get it just right and be able to enjoy it.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I already have my Halloween tree set up inside. I'm not doing much outside this year as I don't know what will happen, so I decided to do the inside. I know it's early but really, what else is there to do?

·
It's pronounced "Fronkensteen."
600 Posts
I just got the last of my decor and supplies out of the storage unit last weekend. Have been working on touching up the outdoor stuff for 2-3 weeks now. I've got the tubs with the indoor decor sitting in my backroom at home. Will probably break out the Spooky Town collection over the Labor Day weekend.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Inside about a month ago. I'll wait till 10/1 to do outside. Spending all of my free time building props. Really helps me get 10,000 steps a day because I am constantly walking from garage to back storage building, back to garage, inside and up the stairs to the attic, back to the garage and all over the house trying to find all of the things I have stashed away.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I’ll be putting my good props out early courtesy of our new covered front porch. I always wanted a porch, and we got it up between last summer and this year. Having a safe place for my props was part of my motivation (but nobody needs to know that lol).
Last week of September I will move the porch furniture to the backyard and start pulling things out.
Congratulations on the new porch, you will have a great time with that. I have a different theme for my porch every year, its big enough to get the theme across but not too big to be a challenge. I can also put my more expensive or delicate items out there and not worry about weather or theft. Whatever you put there makes a big impact on the tots, they kind of have to check it all out while they stand there and wait for the candy.Have fun! 0036-Halloween2016.jpg 0033-Halloween2016.jpg 0034-Halloween2016.jpg

·
Registered
10 Posts
As I do synchronized music and lights work has been going for months. I am redesigning my tombstone lights this year.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I haven't put up anything yet, but I have just begun the planning for my display this week! Due to COVID-19 and social distancing, I'm adding of short exit path through our middle yard this year, so the trick-or-treaters will walk up to the front door to receive the candy, then exit through the yard path, instead of exiting on the same path they entered from. It's going to be a historic Halloween this year!

41 - 60 of 86 Posts