Halloween Forum banner

When do you start decorating indoors?

• Total voters
21 - 40 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
I start decorating indoors for fall in late August. Then put some of the fall stuff away for HW in late Sept. Some of the fall stays out with HW stuff.

Reactions: Reaper20??

·
Registered
184 Posts
Sometime in August I normally start putting out the various fall-ish stuff (purple pumpkins are fall, right?) and then September 1st, I'm free to do whatever I like. I don't normally get to go all out until later in September, as I clean before I start my decorating and I hate cleaning so I drag my feet a bit. But yeah, the Halloween wreath would've gone out yesterday had we not had someone coming to fix something and I didn't want to chance it getting broken further.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Usually I do last week of August but this year is different. I just moved int a new house. So I’m still living out of boxes and also remodeling the kitchen so this year might not be until later September.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I start decorating indoors for fall in late August. Then put some of the fall stuff away for HW in late Sept. Some of the fall stays out with HW stuff.

Sometime in August I normally start putting out the various fall-ish stuff (purple pumpkins are fall, right?) and then September 1st, I'm free to do whatever I like. I don't normally get to go all out until later in September, as I clean before I start my decorating and I hate cleaning so I drag my feet a bit. But yeah, the Halloween wreath would've gone out yesterday had we not had someone coming to fix something and I didn't want to chance it getting broken further.

Usually I do last week of August but this year is different. I just moved int a new house. So I’m still living out of boxes and also remodeling the kitchen so this year might not be until later September.
Thank you to everyone fot responding. For those who have said August, I edited the poll to include that option for an answer.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
I love your vintage Halloween collection! I would keep that up all year.
After reading these posts I think I am going to start putting up some of my collection this afternoon.
Thank you. Can't wait to see pictures of your collection

·
Registered
652 Posts
Anything new, except for a couple of big boxes, is out but lots of fall cleaning to do as I have a 1/2 acre that gets away from me if I'm not out every day possible. Favorite time of year but sucks that inside has been neglected all summer & is always a chore. End up not working on props/decor that are in my head & usually run out of time. Body getting too old but mind is like a youngster.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Due to a Gothic vibe complete with skulls, reapers and what not, my house could be considered, at least by the more traditional, to be decorated all year. However, I have do put out a lot of decidedly Halloween items starting in early September. I find that if I leave Halloween out all year that it becomes too ordinary and I love the thrill of it always having that seasonal, Halloween punch for me. I don't want to take it for granted so limit the time that it is on display. This way, every year I get excited about the season and all the treasures that retain their mystery. It gives me something to look forward to.

I have decided though that I need to go through boxes in July before I get antsy and start ordering new items, LOL! It would save me a lot of money.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have several pieces that stay out year round and even get incorporated into other holiday seasons. My son is already planning on making a Santa hat for my Headless Horseman, we have a porch gargoyle, I have framed dark art hung year round, etc. So, there is always a level of gothic/Halloween in our house. I do, however, start to add to it in August as I find things out in the stores or online. Then on October 1st I get out the storage boxes and go all out indoors and out.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
I'm with some of you guys, I won't start until beginning/middle of October due to weather and possible vandals, though vandalism has never been a problem.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I don't do a lot of decorating indoors, as I like to focus on the exterior. However, by late August I have a small blow mold and pumpkin candle ready to light once Labor Day arrives!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Due to a Gothic vibe complete with skulls, reapers and what not, my house could be considered, at least by the more traditional, to be decorated all year.
i am already in love.
if you feel comfy with it, i would love to see some photos of your decor. ❤❤❤❤

21 - 40 of 86 Posts