Halloween Forum banner

461 - 480 of 501 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Brilliant, brilliant photos everyone!! @Taddy is that a projector in the underside of the giant spider?!
@Batley glad you're on the case with the refund & your nephew with the cursed choises is on the mend! My scent came through, but I ran out of time to get any the smoke machine set up :cry:
@Rebostar the pumpkin monster is just ah-mazing man!
Here's a couple from me! Like I said, the rain was a real pain in the arse :( couldnt get started till gone 12, so a few things didn't get out, but only I knew I guess!
Yours looks awesome too! the second one was actually out of the bedroom window i didnt even think of putting it under the spider! might do that next time lol

Everyones looks great so far love seeing all of your hard work :D

·
Registered
150 Posts
Wow, just b100dy WOW!!
I'm really loving all your photo's, I came on my PC earlier to post some of my photo's but I've spent ages looking through all yours, they're all just brilliant! Far to many to comment on but well done @EPD, @Batley, @Matt 82, @Taddy, @bongobill, @Nick Nick, @Rebostar and anyone else I may have missed.
Boy do I need to raise my game! 🎃 🎃

Glad you opened a case with Ebay @Batley, I do hope you can get your money back (and then get the Pennywise prop in a sale? 🎃). Considering you said you lost interest due to the mishaps and weather it still looks amazing with the gargoyles, spiders and skellys, witch shack etc!!

Anyway, run out of time now (damn you all with your brilliant photos 🎃) and I'll try and post mine tomorrow!

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #467
Love the werewolves. The witch was very good at staying still until the scare. And now I know what the flying dragon looks like in action (I wish I could have got one of those from the Range - but they didn't have them in-store and they seemed to sell out quickly).

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
This is supposed to be a very quick message to say WELL DONE TO EVERYONE , i truly think this has been the biggest TURN OUT that i can remember on the U.K. side of the Halloween forum as regards people setting up garden haunts and indoor haunts , its so good to see it growing gradually year by year , and that finally as a little sub group from the huge passionate amazing forum that is THE HALLOWEEN FORUM we in the U.K. are starting to be a bit more serious and coming into our own right , some of us have had the same issues as many of you have had this year , weather , failed props , vandalism etc etc , but all beit earlier in an earlier timeline so can speak from experience when i can only add some advice we had been given by our American cousins and which we also gave to ourselfs on the U.K. forum , there will always be these things either through fate or stupid mindedness or through budget restrictions , but its how we respond to these things which really matters , so dont beat yourselves up as long as you did your best and if only one kid who went away happy , scared , or whatever its a BLOODY SUCCESS , we are here creating memories that will last in there minds and i know this is true as a long term Haunter from over 22 years plus of of yard HAUNTS i have young adults in there 20s with thier own kids telling me how much they loved and remembered my Halloween Yard setups and that is the true meaning , and i know a few of you may decide to step away from your Haunts for a time due to these problems etc but feel like me you will never truly leave it totally , and theres is NOTHING i repeat NOTHING like that thrill of watching parents dragging thier screaming crying kids up your driveways , alleyways or footpaths for a handful or just a couple of sweets dressed as full blown top notch costumed monsters or just home made bandaged wrapped toddlers etc which can be ever beaten for good old fun and pleasure apart from when they or there family members tell you how friggin cool , scary , frigtening your own little HALLOWEEN SETUP was , its something only us Halloween freaks can appreciate , and there is no minimum or maximum level its what you find comfortable or where you still enjoy it , no matter how big or how small your all doing your bit , i am sure like me your Haunt never quite meets up with your own expectations but for a little kid say 4 or 5 year old its friggin awesome , sorry to waffle but you ALL DONE SO WELL you all deserve a friggin WELL DONE and lets get planning for next year , remember next years a friday night HALLOWEEN NIGHT so its up the anti time , looking forward to chatting and planning and enjoying everyones Halloween plans for next year , to all my Halloween forum friends both new and old again BLOODY WELL DONE .

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #471
Khanidge - love the columns and the candles and the tree. You have the problem of not being able to bang anything into the ground for safety wires because of the tarmac. Strong wind forecasts must give you sleepless nights close to Halloween.

Everyone has done brilliantly this year - even those who got a bit p****d off due to problems and issues (you know who you are). Keep plugging away guys.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Khanidge - love the columns and the candles and the tree. You have the problem of not being able to bang anything into the ground for safety wires because of the tarmac. Strong wind forecasts must give you sleepless nights close to Halloween.

Everyone has done brilliantly this year - even those who got a bit p****d off due to problems and issues (you know who you are). Keep plugging away guys.
Yeah I've had to build in hidden holes in the larger prop's that I load with concrete blocks, the columns are fixed together by the top rail and the right hand pillar is screwed to a metal post, the fencing is then screwed to the pillars and has its own support legs.
The tree is held in place by concrete blocks.
I want to build a village facade for next year a bit like a smaller scale "Diagon alley" that will be challenging to fix in place.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Hi all,
yet again I'm enjoying all your photos and videos, totally brilliant!! Loving all the ideas and setups (and giving us all more ideas for next year no doubt!).
Totally agree @pacman we are quite likely never 100% satisfied with our setups but it's what the victi, sorry Trick or Treaters think and appreciate of our displays that matter - and that's the really satisfying part of it, for example we've been in our house for 8 years now and people say to us they love our display and look forward to seeing it each year, that is really satisfying and appreciated (and that we collected £90 for Cancer Research just by posting a notice on our door in passing!!).
We are making great memories!!
NOTE: it's a Leap year next year and Halloween is on A SATURDAY, thinking caps are on!!

Anyway here's some shots of our humble (after seeing all yours!) display and a few vids.

Pennywise idea pinched off @pacman a few years ago!

Argos bat is HUGE! Also our creepy pram.

and with it's resident!

Downstairs loo!

Now some vids:
Daytime view . . .

Night view with window projections . . .

Some more Atmosfear FX Gathering Ghouls and Phantasms Siren projections . . .

Zombie Atmosfear projection . . .

·
Registered
150 Posts
Just a couple of notes,
@EPD , couldn't use my fogger with my Creep, set it all up only to find it wouldn't work, light came on but nothing would happen so was miffed at that - something to repair or invest in a new one for next year, also the 4 led spots you recommended worked well, they won't illuminate a large area but brilliant for highlighting gravestones etc (as you can see in the night video), I hope @Batley (I think got them) had the same success with them?
It's also great looking through all your photos and videos and spotting stuff I have like Wanda (cousins? 🎃), it's great seeing them used in different settings and thinking "why didn't I think of that"! 🎃
I hope everyone is coping with the Post Halloween blues!

Lastly a shot of the missus and me (with her hat on!), so am I Frankendave's monster or Davenstein's monster? 🎃

·
Registered
182 Posts
The cauldron reaper looked amazing @Daveferatu !!!! Bad news about the fogger, had it run dry? I've found anything non branded, sub 700w just crap out for no reason :( frustrating to say the least.
However, the whole setup looked amazing man! If Halloween is a sat next year, then im definitely having a long awaited return to having party!!
Thanks for the videos!! I'm going to try & upload a couple myself:D(y)

@Khanidge for a lasy minute setup, that looked awesome! Still love that tree and the floating candles!! Also, shocking that so many Zummerset types made it round to see you... ;):LOL:

·
Registered
150 Posts
really like the skeleton stiring the cauldron is that an adapted prop or hand made ?
Hi @Nick Nick , hand made based on numerous Caudron Creep posts dotted around this site and YouTube - B&Q planter, coals effect with expanding foam over red Xmas outdoor lights, skelly made from overflow pipe, joints and parts of a bag of bones, a wiper motor for the cauldron and a small chinese motor for the head movement, both with speed controllers to get the speed right with each, head was one from Wilco's which was better than the bag of bones one cut open and added led eyes). I've been promising myself I'd make one for years so took the plunge this year. If you click on my Daveferatu link on YouTube you'll see a couple of work in progress vids on YouTube.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Cheers @EPD , it was three quarters full so thought it'd be OK but it was not to be. Yes it's a cheapo one (off memory £35 or £40? a few years ago), checked the trigger with a meter and it was OK and where the exit is it was warm so I'm HOPING it's just gunged up and needs a good clean out but that's a job for next year.
🎃
Our party was a bit of a let down, loads didn't come (threw loads of food away) and most who did turn up weren't in any sort of costume and basically just stayed in the kitchen chatting. Also tried Command poster stickers for the Scene Setters with mixed results, half (carefully) peeled off OK but half brought off the paint so I've got some re-touching up to do :( . So chances are that's the last party (most don't share our enthusiasm for Halloween!) but definitely upping my game for outside! 🎃

@Matt 82 , thanks for the tip for videos! I have been using the "Insert Link" on the bottom toolbar but this just posts the text to show. In my post above I tried just posting the link as you said and it now shows the video window like it did in the good ol' days!

461 - 480 of 501 Posts