Halloween Forum banner

441 - 460 of 501 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hope everyone had fun (and Batley's nephew is ok).

The weather up here in Scotland was lovely for the most part. Only some light rain after 8 and most people were done by then.

My prep was more low key than usual. I have a neck/shoulder problem that flared up a few days ago so wasn't able to do as much as I'd hoped. Still, I got my hanging prisoner by the door so that was nice.

Had so many folk round that I had to crack open the emergency sweets (as in literally for an emergency- my wife is diabetic) and ended the night with 4 sweets left.

I was running so late that my first ToTs at the door didn't even get to see these guys!

My Prisoner

Guarding the door. Next time I might use a better mask and need to light him up. Looks ok here because of the flash but there's no light on his face at all. And the mask was a nightmare to keep in place. Hence all the twine.

A little secret for people who get nosey.

·
Registered
19 Posts
haha loving all your pictures! would love to reply to all the posts I've just read through but i would be here awhile! I've been too busy setting up thinking about mine to see everything going off! hope you all had a great Halloween! will post my setup shortly! looking forward to seeing yours!

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #447
Just watched the videos - the shadow spiders make my skin crawl!

Anyone hammering the sales at the moment? Went out in the rain to root around in the supermarkets. Got some small skull bags and a couple of the small Morrison's skellies for half-price. Also decided to get that Asda red eye projector now that it's half-price in the shop. Having the day off after Halloween sure does hit the old bank balance a bit too hard.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Photos aren't the best. This was all really last minute, weather has been horrible for months here so I resorted to putting up black plastic (which again I hate!) tunnels as I just ran out of time (didn't even get a roof on what was going to be the crypt!). I had to push the collected water off the roofs in the morning! I certainly wasn't pleased with it myself (though the cement dipped drop sheets worked really well as cave walls) and probably never will be unless it looks like a Disney attraction but the kids really loved it with the sound activated reapers and witches. I pulled it all down this morning which took 3 hrs including the framework. Missed most of tots while we went out ourselves and now have a metric ton of sweets left! Next year though...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi all, couple of pics showing new themes or enhanced for this year, witches house front and the swamp shack that i can use for so many things, evening went really well, had some vandalism for the first time which put a downer on things a bit, but leason learned, where i live you cant leave things unattended. have put a video that was shot after we finished on youtube ( nick nicholls) but all the actors had buggered off for a fag, still not worked out how to put links up sorry.

IMAG0066.jpg
IMAG0071.jpg
IMAG0068.jpg

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #450
Why do the idiots have to spoil things? They just don't appreciate how much time and energy goes into creating all these things.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Incredible effort all, great ToT turn out as well. I'm genuinely very happy for you all 🎃👍

My nephew is doing good, thanks 👍 He's only 6 and obsessed with Halloween, he found the dragon originally whilst showing me props on YouTube. After the incident he did say I should have bought the clown prop (Pennywise) instead :oops: lol

I have opened a return case on eBay (thanks for the tips) and currently waiting for a response

Everything went wrong after the dragon but regardless the trick or treaters enjoyed visiting and that was the aim. I'm unsure how many ToT visited as I stay out the way for that part . I was told the drinks and crisps went down well and the fog scent received many compliments, so I highly recommend that. I hope yours came in time @EPD?

I lost interest so I didn't manage to get many photos, sorry. If I can obtain any I'll post. Theres a peak at the witch hunt, I'm happy with that as it turned out better than last years

·
Registered
27 Posts
My daughter was supposed to be upload the footage of last night for me but can't remember where she put the SD card down, she'll find it eventually.
In the mean time here is a shot of the pumpkin monster in his night time setting.

View attachment 725682
maybe it `s just me, but it has a kind of demented nightmare before christmas feel about it, love it.🎃🎃🎃

·
Registered
27 Posts
just had a vid clip sent to me from someone that visited, have added it to my youtube channel (nick nicholls), much better this one. lots of atmosphere, still cant work out how to put a video here though or a link, just wont work for me.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Brilliant, brilliant photos everyone!! @Taddy is that a projector in the underside of the giant spider?!
@Batley glad you're on the case with the refund & your nephew with the cursed choises is on the mend! My scent came through, but I ran out of time to get any the smoke machine set up :cry:
@Rebostar the pumpkin monster is just ah-mazing man!
Here's a couple from me! Like I said, the rain was a real pain in the arse :( couldnt get started till gone 12, so a few things didn't get out, but only I knew I guess!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Brilliant, brilliant photos everyone!! @Taddy is that a projector in the underside of the giant spider?!
@Batley glad you're on the case with the refund & your nephew with the cursed choises is on the mend! My scent came through, but I ran out of time to get any the smoke machine set up :cry:
@Rebostar the pumpkin monster is just ah-mazing man!
Here's a couple from me! Like I said, the rain was a real pain in the arse :( couldnt get started till gone 12, so a few things didn't get out, but only I knew I guess!!
View attachment 725689

View attachment 725690

View attachment 725691
View attachment 725692

View attachment 725693
View attachment 725694

View attachment 725695

View attachment 725696

View attachment 725697

View attachment 725698
Brilliant, fantastic use of lights for effect. i never get out to see what others are doing. so seeing these are great.

·
Registered
60 Posts
maybe it `s just me, but it has a kind of demented nightmare before christmas feel about it, love it.🎃🎃🎃
I agree, I love the lighting colour combination!!

The props you made @EPD are amazing, I love everything about your display, love the addition of the hay bales

I think I'll stay away from animatronics and use pose n stay skellies as a base like you did

Only 7 items but good discounts on TJ Hughes

Werewolf ground breaker 12.50
Floating Animated Ghost 12.50
Animated Pterosaur 6.50

Hardly anything in the Argos sale available to me locally. Not great prices like last year anyway

441 - 460 of 501 Posts