Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 350 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Happy New Year Dandy Brit (and to all haunters out there)! May I take pleasure in being the 2nd poster!
Already got my planning head on and started learning Arduino stuff (I've got passed the flashing LED :D ).
Looking into animating some of my props eventually, like a creepy doll, talking skull and animating a spider etc (yes EPD, I'm on my way and have just received some stuff from Banggood which took less than 2 weeks!!).
I'll post some links to some YouTube vids that show what I'm on about - so cool, I hope I can manage to do some!

One other thing, my girlfriend wants to do a creepy pram (with maybe my creep doll, or maybe the zombie baby prop?) but struggling to find an old fashioned pram that's cheap and within reasonable distance, if anyone knows of one please let me know, cheers!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Happy New Year everyone!
We’ve moved house again but finally settled so no more moving boxes!

Moved in two weeks before Christmas and managed to throw this together (see pic but still not happy with it 😆) but looking forward to having a full three story house to decorate this Halloween!
Plus going to Florida with the family in September so hoping to bring back some goodies! 🎃

Attachments

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^You "managed to throw this together"?

It looks brilliant for such short notice. The new neighbours must have been jealous.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Thanks! Yeah that’s only
About half of the Christmas stuff! Need to properly plan it this year! Most of the new neighbours had a few wee lights round the window but within a few days most had outdoor things so hoping it’ll be the same with Halloween!

This was the final Halloween display last year with limited wall space and mostly based on ground decorations so hoping to build up this year! Any ideas or suggestions welcome! Will have all the same decor apart from my giant witch figure as someone stole the mannequin along with the costume! 😡
Already thinking of putting the giant spider web from the 1st floor window and getting a large inflatable spider for it but other than that I’m stumped! Anyone know where I can buy more silhouette rope light shapes reasonably priced?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Belated HAPPY NEW YEAR to all my Halloween forum friends , hope all are well and starting the new year happy and prosperous ..... soon be HALLOWEEN !!!!

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
SpookyScotland - I missed the bit about someone nicking your witch figure. I hope they get a year of bad luck this year because of that.

·
Registered
937 Posts
I liked "The Malice of Inanimate Objects". There are many more that I will listen to. Thanks again for opening my eyes to the Ghost Stories of M.R. James.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Thats cool , your welcome ScaryCarrie , he,s not to everyone's taste but i still have him as my favorite ghost story author by far , i will try to find other links for you .

·
Registered
937 Posts
pacman - I most definitely plan on buying his books (if they are still available). I do love to read a good ghost story at night while drinking a cup of tea. Thank you for looking for other links for me. Appreciate it.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
That,s my pleasure ScaryCarrie we all share a love of horror and a good ghost story here so its great to find new old material lol , you dont necessarily have to buy M.R. James works i listen to many on free podcasts on iTunes , if you want some links to podcasts i post some for you , same for any U.K. members who may not get time to read them but may be able to listen driving to work or whilst doing household chores etc , if not here,s a direst link to the complete ghost stories from amazon in the states for you in hardback i am sure if you want the cheaper one in paperback they will stock that also .

https://www.amazon.com/Complete-Ghost-Stories-M-James/dp/1509827722/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1548282891&sr=8-1&keywords=m.r.+james

·
Registered
1,778 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Hey everyone! Hope your new years are all off to a good start!! My Dry January lasted 4 days, I got to the front door of the gym, twice and I've still not painted the hallway.... so my new years resolutions are doing brilliantly!!! hahaha!!! :rolleyes: ;)

Great to see the thread back up and running! Has anyone got themes in mind yet.... or is it just me?!?! :D :D :D

DaveF, re old pram setup, Would this work for you? http://www.madhattersjokeshop.com/halloween-horror-props/10382-zombie-baby-in-victorian-cot-ex-display.html

Ive seen it in the flesh, really effective & creepy looking, pretty sure size & weight wise it would fit into DPD or TNT's pickup sizes, so you could possibly arrange courier yourself & with the shop? Unless you fancy a trek down to the wild west!! ;)

Here it is when I visited :
20180920_155737.jpg

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Thats pretty good EPD , if its not quite what your after DaveF couldn't you modify it a bit yourself to suit your dream or should i say nightmare version of oldie worldy pram ? if not just add a basic chassis and disguise it and make it look old or Victorian , send me some pictures of what your after DaveF and i see if i can think of modding it and send you any ideas etc , it could be a great little modification job on these cold nights m8 ? and your welcome ScaryCarrie .

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have one of those old fashioned wicker type linen baskets in the bathroom - when it eventually goes to the wall I have it earmarked to make the body of an old type pram (somehow - not sure of how yet).

1 - 20 of 350 Posts