5K views 81 replies 14 participants last post by  Stinkerbell n Frog Prince 
#1 ·
Time is short and so am I
Halloween is over
the JoLs are turning to mush
Krampus is coming
so is Christmas Day

Time for the annual Winter Holiday Card Exchange

As if we didn't have enough on our plates to do lets add another. Time to send out a little Krampus heat or Christmas cheer to other warped... err like mind folks.

Krampus Day is Dec 5 and Christmas not far behind or if you want something more exotic there is the 12 days that the Kallikanizaros cause Christmas Havoc.

Interested in exchanging cards here's how - Post how many cards you are willing to send out and where you are willing to send them - US only, US and Canada, Everywhere and Anywhere. Also a good idea to say if you'll be sending Krampus or more traditional Christmas cards. Then Private Message your personal info to others who have posted on this thread. It's as easy as that. Homemade cards, store purchased or something in between are all welcome.

Cards should be in the mail no later then Dec 18th if you want to make sure they are received before Christmas... Even earlier if you want them to arrive before Krampus Day. So time is short.

Not a requirement but fun, post photos of your cards so we can all enjoy them. And remember to send or post a note of some kind that your card arrived.

Lastly - Please if you say you are going to exchange PLEASE follow through. Yes things happen and life can get in the way, the water pipe burst, a cyclone hit, you're neck deep in snow, your MIL stopped in for a surprise visit or sometimes the USPS loses things or sends them back for silly reasons like not enough postage. All understandable just let the person you are exchanging with know something happened. Don't leave them hanging waiting and waiting almost nothing sadder then waiting for a Holiday greeting that never comes.

See less See more
#6 ·
Time is short and so am I
Halloween is over
the JoLs are turning to mush
Krampus is coming
so is Christmas Day

Time for the annual Winter Holiday Card Exchange

As if we didn't have enough on our plates to do lets add another. Time to send out a little Krampus heat or Christmas cheer to other warped... err like mind folks.

Krampus Day is Dec 5 and Christmas not far behind or if you want something more exotic there is the 12 days that the Kallikanizaros cause Christmas Havoc.

Interested in exchanging cards here's how - Post how many cards you are willing to send out and where you are willing to send them - US only, US and Canada, Everywhere and Anywhere. Also a good idea to say if you'll be sending Krampus or more traditional Christmas cards. Then Private Message your personal info to others who have posted on this thread. It's as easy as that. Homemade cards, store purchased or something in between are all welcome.

Cards should be in the mail no later then Dec 18th if you want to make sure they are received before Christmas... Even earlier if you want them to arrive before Krampus Day. So time is short.

Not a requirement but fun, post photos of your cards so we can all enjoy them. And remember to send or post a note of some kind that your card arrived.

Lastly - Please if you say you are going to exchange PLEASE follow through. Yes things happen and life can get in the way, the water pipe burst, a cyclone hit, you're neck deep in snow, your MIL stopped in for a surprise visit or sometimes the USPS loses things or sends them back for silly reasons like not enough postage. All understandable just let the person you are exchanging with know something happened. Don't leave them hanging waiting and waiting almost nothing sadder then waiting for a Holiday greeting that never comes.
Hi stinkerbell, how do krampus cards differ from tradition Christmas cards? Thanks in advance. V

#9 ·
I've yet to see Hallmark do a Krampus card but there are Krampus cards out there, most have a vintage look. As for kallikantzaros or Greek Christmas Goblins I've yet to see a card anywhere. Since I make our cards I've usually do a little of either Krampus or kallikantzaros AND a more traditional Christmas all the while keeping to my cemetery theme.

For those not so familiar with kallikantzaros as per wikipedia - Kallikantzaroi are believed to dwell underground but come to the surface during the twelve days of Christmas, from 25 December to 6 January. It is believed that kallikantzaroi stay underground, sawing the world tree so that it will collapse, along with the Earth. However, according to folklore, when they are about to saw the final part, Christmas dawns and they are able to come to the surface. They forget the tree and come to bring trouble to mortals. Finally, on the Ephiany (6 January), the sun starts moving again, and they must return underground to continue their sawing. They see that during their absence the world tree has healed itself, so they must start working all over again. This is believed to occur annually.

#24 ·
Hi - i've only just seen this - I can send to anywhere worldwide.
(on previous Halloween Exchange, I had a couple returned - I have updated)
So i need to know by 8th December ideally to get them out to the post office and check all okay for shipping
I think I will do tradition Crimbo Cards - but happy for any spooky snail mail

Reactions: hallowmas
#26 ·
Until Tues we had the typical PNW weather... cool and wet. Late Wed things changed to clear and COLD... had below freezing the past few nights. Dipping below freezing is kinda on the rare side snow is the lowlands is even rarer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.