Halloween Forum banner

161 - 180 of 446 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
I was hoping to have my cards done by yesterday, but TS Imelda decided to flood my craft room so my cards will be a bit delayed. Just wanted to let the people I am exchanging with know that mine may be late, but they will be done.

·
Registered
865 Posts
I am going to be sending cards in the next couple of weeks. The only for sure thing I have planned is that they will go out in blood red envelopes this year. I am kind of waiting on the new Halloween stamps from the post office. They are supposed to be released sometime around the second week of October. Seems a bit late to me but that's the postal service for ya!

·
Registered
114 Posts
I've just prepped the inner of my cards - will be sending out 1st Oct so should be plenty of time to get across the pond (and one across the channel!)
Can't wait - i've included a little blurb on local history which I hope you all like...

·
Registered
141 Posts
Work has been crazy and I'm soo late to this party. Please add me to your card list this year!! I need a break from work and would like to start spending time on something fun like Halloween cards instead.

No limit. USA only. (Unless we've only got like one or two across the pond. I don't wanna leave them out).

Thank you and please PM away!!

1,183 Posts
I was hoping to have my cards done by yesterday, but TS Imelda decided to flood my craft room so my cards will be a bit delayed. Just wanted to let the people I am exchanging with know that mine may be late, but they will be done.

OHHHH NOOOOO... nothing worse then a flooded craft room to a crafter... I hope the rest of home, hearth and family are OK.... no worries on delays get yourself and your home back to normal.

1,183 Posts
First off 2 more cards arrived while I was away on a short weekend trip
Thanks go out to lorizav for the card, the fortune fish and the what I hope will be very yummy salted caramel tea.

A BIG wow to Billy Bones once again your art has out done itself. From the envelope watermarks down to the homemade postcard inside for Ross Bay Cemetery. ( Hope you don't mind if I steal that idea from you ;), I've got more cemetery photos then I ever hope to use might have use some as post cards) We keep telling ourselves we'll get back up to BC to visit some cemeteries but have yet to make it. Back in 2014 we got a chance to visit the Boundary Bay Cemetery in Tswwanee and the Point Roberts cemetery in well Point Roberts, but while the only way to get to Point Roberts is by boat or through Canada I suppose that doesn't count as a Canadian cemetery.

I have our cards mostly done only thing left is a little swag and envelopes. I made extra so you late comers PM err start a conversation with me. Going for a new record of cards sent this year.....

·
Registered
817 Posts
I recieved a three for one deal from Billy Bones!
20190924_200221.jpg

I LOVE the sunset colors and the witch hat the girl is wearing. Here is the inside
20190924_195809.jpg

Then the was a postcard from the Bates Motel!! Love it!
20190924_200149.jpg

And then there was this awesome skellie dancing around, its blank inside, & came with it's own envelope. I'm going to be selfish & hang on to it for awhile, but I will send it lt one day and share this dudes happy afterlife celebration. Thank you Billy Bones, I hope you got my PM thank you as well, it's hard to tell with this new format.
20190924_195946.jpg

·
Registered
47 Posts
Got my first card from Wardward55. Thanks!!! I am loving the card and the creativity and time spent on the address. I have it displayed with the card. It's just on the fridge for now but I am planning to hang the cards on some creepy appropriate fabric or ribbon. A web would be really cool. We'll see. I'm still working on the cards. Lol! I also like the banner idea.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Mailed out my cards. Boy was that fun (hate my closest post office). Anyhow, people should start getting theirs from me.

If in a couple of weeks for some reason you haven't gotten mine, please message me and I will mail a replacement card.

·
Registered
214 Posts
How does everyone display their cards? What do you do with them after Halloween?
Usually I have put them up all over my fridge. 20181029_195833_HDR-1.jpg

Then when I take them down after Halloween, I save them and store them to go back and look at. I have some that I have kind of scrapbooked also. 20171101_193755_HDR-1.jpg

This year though, I am going to try something different, and hang them on a lighted micro led twine string light set using clothespins. We will see how that turns out. :)

·
Registered
393 Posts

I'm so sorry to hear about your craft room, I hope all is well and no worries on the delay

hugs!

·
Registered
466 Posts
Thank you Ash for the lovely hand drawn card and goodies! I had a rotten day at work so it was wonderful to come home to something so nice 🙂

I have 2 methods of displaying my cards. For the Halloween cards, I have a foam pumpkin I carved and inserted metal picks to put the cards on. It sits on my mantel (when I get it out this weekend). The rest of the year, I have a wreath I made based on a Pinterest Christmas wreath which holds the other Halloween forum card exchanges. I'll try to get some pictures because I know I'm terrible at explaining what these things look like 😆

·
Registered
193 Posts
I'd like to join in if not too late! I think I can do 10 embellished store bought cards this year if anyone is interested. Was hoping to wait until Oct 11th for the new stamps but may start mailing the week before so cards have time to arrive and be enjoyed before the big day.

161 - 180 of 446 Posts