Halloween Forum banner

321 - 340 of 446 Posts
1,183 Posts
Had a BUSY weekend so a couple of things... Thanks for the cards we got over the weekend.

Shadow Black - Yep hit the nail on the head we're insane.... the certs will get framed and added to the picture wall.
Holly Haunter & Red Flayer - lovely penmanship inside and some I think homemade confetti.
Illysium - Love the creepy creature stickers you used

Now for our news sharing here first... On Saturday we were in the small town of Bucoda, WA. In Oct they rename the town BOO-coda and have weekends filled with all kinds of Halloween activities. Last Saturday was the hearse parade and viewing. Our first time doing this kind of thing, we went to met other hearse owners. Maybe network on where to find replacement pieces and just talk about our babies. Well we didn't know there were awards to be handed out till we got there. Luckily for us we never unloaded all the hearses decorations from last weekend's creepy camp out because I knew we'd be decorating the hearse again for the local Halloween trick or treat event. We've been slowly working on Spirit Quest (the hearse's nickname) she's come a long way, new tranny, new rag top, body work to fix HUGE rusty patches that leaked like a faucet, new front windshield, engine work ( Frog's a mechanic) but she still in need of paint, a little more electrical work and a few trim pieces. Imagine our shock when they called out car 7 as the winner best in show. That's us.... WHAT they had to be wrong there were so many newer, shinier or we thought decorated hearses there. Here's Spirit, Earl, his bride and our dark passenger Wolfy

·
Registered
96 Posts
Had a BUSY weekend so a couple of things... Thanks for the cards we got over the weekend.

Shadow Black - Yep hit the nail on the head we're insane.... the certs will get framed and added to the picture wall.
Holly Haunter & Red Flayer - lovely penmanship inside and some I think homemade confetti.

Now for our news sharing here first... On Saturday we were in the small town of Bucoda, WA. In Oct they rename the town BOO-coda and have weekends filled with all kinds of Halloween activities. Last Saturday was the hearse parade and viewing. Our first time doing this kind of thing, we went to met other hearse owners. Maybe network on where to find replacement pieces and just talk about our babies. Well we didn't know there were awards to be handed out till we got there. Luckily for us we never unloaded all the hearses decorations from last weekend's creepy camp out because I knew we'd be decorating the hearse again for the local Halloween trick or treat event. We've been slowly working on Spirit Quest (the hearse's nickname) she's come a long way, new tranny, new rag top, body work to fix HUGE rusty patches that leaked like a faucet, new front windshield, engine work ( Frog's a mechanic) but she still in need of paint, a little more electrical work and a few trim pieces. Imagine our shock when they called out car 7 as the winner best in show. That's us.... WHAT they had to be wrong there were so many newer, shinier or we thought decorated hearses there. Here's Spirit, Earl, his bride and our dark passenger Wolfy
View attachment 723724
View attachment 723725
View attachment 723726
[/QUOTE. Congratulations on your unexpected win! How awesome for you guys. And what a super fun town! Wish I didn't live so far away would live to see this in person. We have a witches night out. It's a start. Lol 🎃

1,183 Posts
YESSSS our Halloween stamps have arrived so our remaining cards going out in the AM. Those are some nice looking stamps going to have to run out and get more for future card exchanges.... Rmember we have Krampus card exchange coming sooner then you think... then Vampy Valentines, Walpurgis and come summer Red White and Dead.

·
Registered
466 Posts

View attachment 723724
View attachment 723725
View attachment 723726
Congrats! I was just reading about Boo-coda while looking for haunts near Bellingham (only one I've found so far). That's so awesome that you guys put so much work into your rig and won!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hey! It's not a specific font, they are hand lettered with brush pens.... so brush calligraphy is what I suppose you can look up.
Oh my.How beautiful. From the picture ( so small) I thought it was printed. I purchased a calligraphy set a few years ago. It's on my desk. I keep dusting it off, and telling myself someday SOON I'm going to start practicing. Have you been doing it for a long time?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hi all - most of you should have had a card from me, I have a couple more i need to send off
i've had some delivered, but not opened yet as busy with work and dog walking and husband etc.. I have a day off on Friday and i'm going to sit snuggled up , open them and enjoy each one!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Hi guys. Hope everyone's October is going well so far. I wanted to say thanks for a few more cards I received on Monday and Tuesday. It was a great way to start the week having some beautiful halloween cards arrive.
Got cards from :
Dee14399
Pumpkin215
Lukewa
halloweeenier

Thank you again all for exchanging cards this year.

·
Registered
872 Posts
More awesome Halloween greetings
With the new Halloween stamps!! Those are awesome!
Thanks go out to
Lukewa
Dee14399
Lady arsenic
Halloweeeiner
D-husak
Pumpkin215
Thank you my fellow Halloween peeps

321 - 340 of 446 Posts