Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 153 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can send any kind of card you want. Usually we sign up in August. The send the cards out in October.

·
Registered
857 Posts
I would love to participate in this! How do we sign up?
Generally you just private message, with your address, those who have responded in this spread stating that they want to participate. It's very informal and lots of fun. Some folk get really creative and hand-make the cards they send out while others purchase them. Either way, it's all good.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Not sure if it a little early or not guess it's in the ball park. Thank you Skullie for getting this started I was a once again a little slow to get things started. I promise to be better for the Krampus/Christmas card exchange.

For newbies and us old times this is how it's been done for years. Post you want to exchange, how many cards you are willing to send and where you are willing to send to... US only, US & Canada, Everywhere and Anywhere. Then send a PM (now called a conversation) to others who have posted in this thread that you'd like to exchange with them - remember to send your info on where to send your greeting. Try to get your cards in the mail 10 or so days (14 or more if going overseas) before the BIG day to ensure they arrived in time. Homemade, store brought or anything inbetween work we just love to get Halloween greetings. Not a requirement but fun- post photos of your cards so we can all enjoy them. And remember to send a PM or post a note of some kind in the thread that your card arrived.

Please if you say you are going to exchange PLEASE follow through. Yes things happen, life can get in the way, sometimes the USPS loses things or sends them back for silly things like not enough postage. All understandable just let the person you are exchanging with know something happened. Don't leave them hanging waiting and waiting to hear from you. Almost nothing sadder then waiting for a Halloween greeting that never comes. It's worse then getting a rock in your Trick or Treat sack.

·
Registered
158 Posts
So true Stinkerbell! The card exchange is something I look forward to the most!! I am game for 20-25 cards (mine are always store bought, for those that are worried that you aren't creative enough to make your own cards) but I try to do some fun lettering to make it a bit more personal. Feel free to message me and we can trade info :)

·
Registered
844 Posts
Ok, I’m in for 20 or so cards. Let’s stay within the United States since this is my first time participating. More than likely they will be store bought; I hope that’s okay with you all.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hay fellow card ex changers,

I guess i jumped the gun. I was tryng so hard to get into the mood. I just jumped on it hoping for something. Thanks everyone. Im in for 30 this year all over he world. Come on Halloween feelings.

·
Registered
200 Posts
What the halloween, im in. Since this would be my first card exchange, i think my limit would be 5. Gives me a chance to get the creativity going on cards. Umm as for where, anywhere is fine with me.

Edit: Sorry Haunters I'm all full on the card exchange.

1 - 20 of 153 Posts
About this Discussion
152 Replies
45 Participants
nicolita3
Halloween Forum
Halloween forum - Keeping the Halloween spirit alive 365 days a year. Discuss decorations, costumes and more!
Full Forum Listing