#1 · (Edited)
This year i will be doing a Gothic Mad Hatter tea party
I will be posting up my creations and my finds on this thread

excited for this theme. :)

Floristry Floral design Table Furniture Room

lots to come

See less See more
#4 · (Edited)
I am ahead of the game invites are done for the most part and i absolutely love them .

Each person will be getting there invite on a silver tray, i still have to put on final touches but it will look like this each will get a top hat, tea cup, tea, invite, clock and then a few other details i will figure out later

Each invite also has a book mark inside the invite

and then i made these to sit on tray
The front they will open

Text Illustration Font Calligraphy Fawn

Still life Still life photography Antique Brass Games

Banknote Paper Paper product Still life Currency

the back
Text Illustration Font Book cover Art

Purple Violet Fashion accessory Magenta Jewellery

#14 ·
so all my guest will get goodie bags which i am going to put in big soup cups here are some of the things that will go inside

they will all get a tea spoon i have bought several different kinds here is a few i will get photos of the other ones

Hair accessory Violet Purple Turquoise Headband

Spoon Cutlery Kitchen utensil Tableware Fashion accessory

each is going to get a tea def user i bought these skull ones

Cup Still life photography Coffee cup Cup Caffeine

i also got a killer deal on these mushroom candles so they will each get 2 of these
Games Marble Collection Bottle cap Glass

Helmet Personal protective equipment Art Motorcycle helmet

#20 ·
You can also use blockposters.com to make large standees, instead of buying them, and either printing them out yourself and paste on cardboard or have a print shop like office depot print them. I made the hare like this in pic below. Super cheap. You can make big teapots with 2 laundry baskets from dollar tree wrapped in red duct tape also from dollartree. I also paper mached the evil teapot with the pvc legs.....that one was trickier to make! Hubs helped with that one.
Room Tradition Costume Art

Gas Lantern

Ikebana Art Tree Plant Floral design

#35 ·
You can also use blockposters.com to make large standees, instead of buying them, and either printing them out yourself and paste on cardboard or have a print shop like office depot print them. I made the hare like this in pic below. Super cheap. You can make big teapots with 2 laundry baskets from dollar tree wrapped in red duct tape also from dollartree. I also paper mached the evil teapot with the pvc legs.....that one was trickier to make! Hubs helped with that one.
View attachment 580891
/QUOTE]

Matrixmom, I love your ideas here. I see Peeping Thomas gets around :). BTW the upside down lamp shade turned into a top hat floor lamp is fabulous!

#25 ·
I keep looking at these cool fabric mushrooms on Pinterest and they always put my in mind of Wonderland.

The other day I get an idea to creat some wonderland artifacts to put under glass cloches. One will be a chipped abandoned tea cup resting among some whimsical mushrooms and other Flora with an ID tagging it as one of the Hatter's tea cups. In another could be a bloody playing card and White Rose for the Queen of hearts. Then maybe a little vial with a drink me label for Alice, and a hookah and little slipper for the caterpillar. And in another a white Queen chess piece. All of them would be nestled in the center with the crazy wonderland plants growing in around them.

Any way I thought your party would be a great place for something like that.

#33 ·
Couldn't help but notice the mention of giant mushrooms. I recall the old Fright Fest NW ML having major discussions over the course of 2 years on doing those. So many suggestions on how to but in the end I don't think anyone actually made any will be interested to see how you'll do it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.