Halloween Forum banner
21 - 40 of 111 Posts
I keep looking at these cool fabric mushrooms on Pinterest and they always put my in mind of Wonderland.

The other day I get an idea to creat some wonderland artifacts to put under glass cloches. One will be a chipped abandoned tea cup resting among some whimsical mushrooms and other Flora with an ID tagging it as one of the Hatter's tea cups. In another could be a bloody playing card and White Rose for the Queen of hearts. Then maybe a little vial with a drink me label for Alice, and a hookah and little slipper for the caterpillar. And in another a white Queen chess piece. All of them would be nestled in the center with the crazy wonderland plants growing in around them.

Any way I thought your party would be a great place for something like that.

Discussion starter · #26 ·
I keep looking at these cool fabric mushrooms on Pinterest and they always put my in mind of Wonderland.

The other day I get an idea to creat some wonderland artifacts to put under glass cloches. One will be a chipped abandoned tea cup resting among some whimsical mushrooms and other Flora with an ID tagging it as one of the Hatter's tea cups. In another could be a bloody playing card and White Rose for the Queen of hearts. Then maybe a little vial with a drink me label for Alice, and a hookah and little slipper for the caterpillar. And in another a white Queen chess piece. All of them would be nestled in the center with the crazy wonderland plants growing in around them.

Any way I thought your party would be a great place for something like that.
i love this idea and have just the dome to use for this thank you

Discussion starter · #32 ·
This stuff is really good I'm impressed. You should make like huge mushrooms and stuff as decorations too. Sense you are already going all out might as well go even farther haha.
Thank you
I plan on doing a giant mushroom just waiting till the weather warms up :) that will be a spring/ summer project for sure

Couldn't help but notice the mention of giant mushrooms. I recall the old Fright Fest NW ML having major discussions over the course of 2 years on doing those. So many suggestions on how to but in the end I don't think anyone actually made any will be interested to see how you'll do it.

Discussion starter · #34 ·
Couldn't help but notice the mention of giant mushrooms. I recall the old Fright Fest NW ML having major discussions over the course of 2 years on doing those. So many suggestions on how to but in the end I don't think anyone actually made any will be interested to see how you'll do it.
ya the other thing i am thinking is when said and done how easy can i get rid of it cause i do not do the same theme but will forusre post up what i do for you guys to see when i start working on it in spring

You can also use blockposters.com to make large standees, instead of buying them, and either printing them out yourself and paste on cardboard or have a print shop like office depot print them. I made the hare like this in pic below. Super cheap. You can make big teapots with 2 laundry baskets from dollar tree wrapped in red duct tape also from dollartree. I also paper mached the evil teapot with the pvc legs.....that one was trickier to make! Hubs helped with that one.
View attachment 580891
/QUOTE]

Matrixmom, I love your ideas here. I see Peeping Thomas gets around :). BTW the upside down lamp shade turned into a top hat floor lamp is fabulous!

I can't get over the amazing invites Saki.girl. Your guests are lucky to receive them. How big are the top hats? Do you hand deliver each tray to the person? They are all so gorgeous. I hope everyone brings their invites to the part for everyone see.

Discussion starter · #37 ·
I can't get over the amazing invites Saki.girl. Your guests are lucky to receive them. How big are the top hats? Do you hand deliver each tray to the person? They are all so gorgeous. I hope everyone brings their invites to the part for everyone see.
Aww thank you
The hats are 6 inch tall a person could even ware them if wanted.
this years party All guest have to ware a hat if they show up with out one then i will give them one to ware. I am going to give out prizes for hats , going to figuer out the categories .
I will be hand delivering the invitations to all the guest. I think they are just going to love them.

21 - 40 of 111 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.