Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
13,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a reminder about signing up for/activating your CVS Rewards card in time for Halloween if you don't use the card all the time. We use my CVS card throughout the year and I just received an email with a 40% off One Item Instore or Online coupon (exp. Mon. 8/26). Sure it's too early for any halloween to be out in their stores yet, but more a reminder to sign up so you get the email offers in time to use them. For anyone new to buying halloween at pharmacies like CVS (Walgreens, Rite Aid) you should know that they all require the use of a rewards card to take advantage of the sale prices (i.e. "with Card").

If you have a Rewards card that you haven't used in a while and aren't getting their emails, make sure you start using it now if only for small things like candy or drink so that the card will start generating the email coupons.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I used to get add-to-card coupons e-mailed to me, but they did no good last year and likely would not this time around either; the two CVS stores within a fairly reasonable driving distance did not carry any Halloween merchandise and I could not get an answer from corporate as to why. Has anyone else had this type of experience with CVS?

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,331 Posts
We have all our prescriptions at a local CVS & they hardly ever have ANY Halloween stuff.

Yet they already have candy out but generally have very little decor. Not sure why & I've never really asked but they are a smaller CVS. They used to have a pretty good selection but now it's pretty sparse. But there are enough CVS around me I can easily check other stores.

Most of the stores around here have moved to bigger spaces &/or had the store renovated. CVS wants to get into healthcare since they bought Aetna so my guess is some are moving more into the Minute Clinic direction. My CVS has no bigger space in their little strip mall to move to or to renovate into & I hope they don't move.

I get coupons galore from them & I just have them sent to my card that way I don't have a metric ton of paper to carry around.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I was impressed by the selection at one of mine last year. Although not more than an aisle & maybe another 1/2, most stuff was unique to them. They had a crystal ball (not crystal but opaque) that had the same swirling technology as to replicate smoke inside. Was gone when I went back. Also had the same "disco" light pumpkin I bought from JCPenney before I saw it there but ended up with more of a discount at Penneys. They have it again on Penney's site & also is the same one sold at Big Lots this year.
IMG_0589.JPG

·
Registered
13,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just a HEADS UP for CVS rewards card members that have stores already stocked. Received a $10 off $50 in-store or online purchase coupon in my email today. Redeem through Mon. 9/2. Look for your email before heading in to shop.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Never saw anything useful at CVS. Pretty much carry same Halloween stuff like at ShopRite, Walgreens, Weis, etc.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Not disagreeing in general, but last year I bought two potion bottles there. They have swirly multicolored smoke (liquid) inside. I gave away the purple one to someone who had admired it and my 6 year old cried when he found out! I use(d) them all year round. I need them to bring them back. They were quality made too. Glass. Really my favorite Halloween decorative prop (indoor) and I've spent a lot of money on Halloween.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Not disagreeing in general, but last year I bought two potion bottles there. They have swirly multicolored smoke (liquid) inside. I gave away the purple one to someone who had admired it and my 6 year old cried when he found out! I use(d) them all year round. I need them to bring them back. They were quality made too. Glass. Really my favorite Halloween decorative prop (indoor) and I've spent a lot of money on Halloween.
I hear ya. I saw those potion bottles but waited to see if Sis (who is signed up) had a coupon & when I went back, they were gone. They were really nice & the first prop I saw with that smoke technology.

Went by one today & only had candy & some fall out but did have some Halloween doorbells I've seen elsewhere. They kinda hurt. Also had a witch animatronic which wasn't bad but floor sample & didn't see a price. Had another witch that had that Katherine's look to it & was about 3' tall which was also very nice looking if that is your thing.

·
Registered
164 Posts
My DH stopped by our only CVS in the area that carries any Halloween props. He surprised me with both potion bottles (purple and yellow). He also picked up some Disney characters, shelf sitters and the cutesy resin dogs in costumes for the kiddo. She gets her own bookshelf area to decorate as she pleases in the living room.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Some Halloween was already out at my local CVS today. I saw that they had a smaller version of the animated TV set with the face coming through the screen that Target carried a few years ago. I'll probably go back and get it because my husband really liked that other one and this is cheaper (and takes up less room). I also saw some creepy singing zombie dolls. The store manager told me he didn't want to be alone in the store at night with those on the shelves! 😁

·
Registered
206 Posts
Went Friday & finally had stuff out but still having internet problems so couldn't post. Potion bottles were there again but the one I went to only had 1 of each color. Sis has 30% off entire purchase so I waited but might have to go to a different one if they are gone or don't have more out..
Some stuff overlaps & my phone doesn't have a good camera either. The Gargoyle Door Knocker was pretty cool & has a few phrases but not sure where I would put it. I got the Giant Skull (pix 2 & 6) 2 years ago at At Home & the Giant Pumpkin (Pix 6) from Michaels last year & love them. Cutest but also stupid in a way was the Skeleton at the bottom of pix 3 & 4. He dances to Twist & Shout. Twist & Shout is not a Halloween song & hate when they do that but he really dances pretty cool. The Tri-Candle on 3rd pix 3rd shelf down was also pretty cool. Speaks & then you hear a sound like blowing out the candles & they tip backwards but best of all was the Pumpkin Eyes...Speaks phrases & eyes light up & move & you put them in your pumpkin. Definitely on my list!
CVS 4.jpg CVS 5.jpg CVS 8.jpg CVS 9.jpg CVS 1.jpg CVS 2.jpg

CVS Witch 2.jpg CVS Witch.jpg

·
Registered
13,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Appreciate the photos! My stores, especially my local little one, don’t set up early so nice to see early photos. That typewriter reminds me of the GR one I have although not as big and surely not the quality but nice for a kid to play with and not worry so much about it getting broken.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Went Friday & finally had stuff out but still having internet problems so couldn't post. Potion bottles were there again but the one I went to only had 1 of each color. Sis has 30% off entire purchase so I waited but might have to go to a different one if they are gone or don't have more out..
Some stuff overlaps & my phone doesn't have a good camera either. The Gargoyle Door Knocker was pretty cool & has a few phrases but not sure where I would put it. I got the Giant Skull (pix 2 & 6) 2 years ago at At Home & the Giant Pumpkin (Pix 6) from Michaels last year & love them. Cutest but also stupid in a way was the Skeleton at the bottom of pix 3 & 4. He dances to Twist & Shout. Twist & Shout is not a Halloween song & hate when they do that but he really dances pretty cool. The Tri-Candle on 3rd pix 3rd shelf down was also pretty cool. Speaks & then you hear a sound like blowing out the candles & they tip backwards but best of all was the Pumpkin Eyes...Speaks phrases & eyes light up & move & you put them in your pumpkin. Definitely on my list!
View attachment 719268 View attachment 719269 View attachment 719270 View attachment 719271 View attachment 719272 View attachment 719273

View attachment 719274 View attachment 719275
Great finds! How much was the witch with the red cape?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
206 Posts
Great finds! How much was the witch with the red cape?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Unfortunately, I couldn't find a tag on her. Evidently was a floor model but I didn't see any more around. Sis told me the one I went to was a smaller store & will be out tomorrow going to a different store so I will see if I can find out.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Got two purple potion bottles. Try to get some discounted later. They had some decent home decor. Find a store with lots of stuff and raid it once they discount.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Didn't make it yesterday but went with Sis this morning, since she is signed up & had 30% off entire purchase, & just got back. They have way better stuff than Walgreens. The one I went to Mon. had a candle with the same smoke technology as the potion bottle & came in the same colors. Got 1 of each, the Pumpkin eyes that talk & green led wire that says comes with clips/pins & stencils. Appears you outline a face on a craft or real pumpkin. Sounded interesting. Also came in purple & red but don't think you would see those colors as well unless in complete darkness. The pen reminds me of Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots. 2 little clips on back that make the arms punch & eyes light up as well. Perfect for the little pocket on the side of my purse.
IMG_1962.JPG
IMG_1963.JPG
IMG_1965.JPG

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
About this Discussion
25 Replies
15 Participants
screamqueen2012
Halloween Forum
Halloween forum - Keeping the Halloween spirit alive 365 days a year. Discuss decorations, costumes and more!
Full Forum Listing