Halloween Forum banner

1001 - 1020 of 1323 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
That's why we love the Halloween Forum. Where else can you read a question like that? The thought that goes into so many of these reaps is amazing, and what comes of all that thought is equally fun and frightening depending on the ones doing the reaping. This was our first year participating, but we now know why so many look forward to it every year. For us it's more the community than any one gift. That idea that strangers come together to create a bit of mayhem and happiness is contagious in all the right ways.
Well said Chubstuff! We do create mayhem and happiness!
🎃

·
Spookiest Lady in Pa!
931 Posts
Got another gift from my reaper. This time it was sent from France! I received a cute swinging card, two paper pumpkin lanterns, paper skeleton garland, a honeycomb hanging spider, two cardboard honeycomb hanging spiders and a bloody choker necklace. Thank you so much I love it all. Pics to come later, I have to work today.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Well, I tried to post the pics from my super amazing reap from my phone until my eyes bled, but it just isn't gonna happen. SO-O-O-O, I'm going to do my best to give you a description of all of my goodies from Gator Girl. People - get ready to be astounded by her over-the-top generosity! Let me start by saying that I had told my reaper that my theme this year was a haunted pumpkin patch, and she took it from there. The first box I received was filled to the brim with both carved and uncarved small pumpkins. All different colors and sizes. The second box I received contained a standing and talking - yes, I said talking - scarecorpse that she made herself. I never had the faith in myself that I could build one, so this was something I have always wanted! It is creepy and ghoulish and will definitely be the highlight of the haunt. This box also contained 3 witches candles with battery-operated tea lights. The final box contained three crows - one of which carried an eyeball in its mouth - a couple of skellie rats, two fat rats, and the most amazing carved pumpkin showing the grim reaper and friends on it. This funkin was about two feet tall and expertly done. You have real talent, Gator Girl. I consider myself super lucky to have had you as my reaper. You're simply amazing in every sense of the word. Thanks so much!

·
Kitchen/Green Witch
6,603 Posts
Well, I tried to post the pics from my super amazing reap from my phone until my eyes bled, but it just isn't gonna happen. SO-O-O-O, I'm going to do my best to give you a description of all of my goodies from Gator Girl. People - get ready to be astounded by her over-the-top generosity! Let me start by saying that I had told my reaper that my theme this year was a haunted pumpkin patch, and she took it from there. The first box I received was filled to the brim with both carved and uncarved small pumpkins. All different colors and sizes. The second box I received contained a standing and talking - yes, I said talking - scarecorpse that she made herself. I never had the faith in myself that I could build one, so this was something I have always wanted! It is creepy and ghoulish and will definitely be the highlight of the haunt. This box also contained 3 witches candles with battery-operated tea lights. The final box contained three crows - one of which carried an eyeball in its mouth - a couple of skellie rats, two fat rats, and the most amazing carved pumpkin showing the grim reaper and friends on it. This funkin was about two feet tall and expertly done. You have real talent, Gator Girl. I consider myself super lucky to have had you as my reaper. You're simply amazing in every sense of the word. Thanks so much!
That all sounds awesome!!! I love pumpkins so much, so I'd probably love each one you got!
Maybe your reaper has some pics they can post for you?

·
Registered
684 Posts
Oh yes! Gatergirl post pics! I really want to see this scarecorpse. Post a video if you can too. How did you make it talk? Shebear sounds like an amazing reap. I love a good pumpkin patch 🎃

·
Registered
248 Posts
That all sounds awesome!!! I love pumpkins so much, so I'd probably love each one you got!
I do have pictures of what I sent, So I'll go ahead and post them. I'm so glad Shebear1 liked what she got!! The scarecorpse does look creepy, but when he talks he says goofy things so all you have to do is let him talk if you don't want the kiddies scared!

·
Registered
248 Posts
Oh yes! Gatergirl post pics! I really want to see this scarecorpse. Post a video if you can too. How did you make it talk? Shebear sounds like an amazing reap. I love a good pumpkin patch 🎃
I dont know how to post a video on here (Im doing good to get the pics posted without them being upside down:D) I made the scarecorpse using a "hanging skeleton torso" that i got at like 80% off from HomeDepot during their after Halloween sales about 3 years ago. He talks and his mouth is suppose to move, but of the 10 that I bought only a few had mouths that worked right---that is probably why they were dirt cheap (and free ship--of course:giggle:). They still talk and their eyes light up. His voice is funny and he talks about the crows and about wanting a grilled cheese sandwich---because he is suppose to have been hung in a dungeon, but the phrases work really well for a pumpkin patch too. This is what he looked like before I "got to work on him";):D Oh, and I forgot to put the witch lantern in the other pics so here is one of the witch lantern (just a plastic mayo jar painted and creeped up--you light it with a tea light)

·
Kitchen/Green Witch
6,603 Posts
I do have pictures of what I sent, So I'll go ahead and post them. I'm so glad Shebear1 liked what she got!! The scarecorpse does look creepy, but when he talks he says goofy things so all you have to do is let him talk if you don't want the kiddies scared! View attachment 721275 View attachment 721276 View attachment 721277 View attachment 721272
Awesome! Suuuper love all the pumpkins (the scarecrow reaper is amazing) and the corpses skellie scarecrow is fantastic!

·
Registered
903 Posts
I do have pictures of what I sent, So I'll go ahead and post them. I'm so glad Shebear1 liked what she got!! The scarecorpse does look creepy, but when he talks he says goofy things so all you have to do is let him talk if you don't want the kiddies scared!
That is some amazing work Gatorgirl35. I am amazed not only at the detail and work you did, but how you got all of that stuff shipped out as well. That took some clever boxing. :) That haunted pumpkin patch is going to look so much better thanks to you.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I do have pictures of what I sent, So I'll go ahead and post them. I'm so glad Shebear1 liked what she got!! The scarecorpse does look creepy, but when he talks he says goofy things so all you have to do is let him talk if you don't want the kiddies scared! View attachment 721275 View attachment 721276 View attachment 721277 View attachment 721272
WOW :love: what an impressive and generous reap! @gatorgirl35 you are a true keeper of the halloween spirit and so skilled!!

·
Registered
865 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
You took all the words right out of my mouth!!

·
Registered
817 Posts
Got another gift from my reaper. This time it was sent from France! I received a cute swinging card, two paper pumpkin lanterns, paper skeleton garland, a honeycomb hanging spider, two cardboard honeycomb hanging spiders and a bloody choker necklace. Thank you so much I love it all. Pics to come later, I have to work today.
France?!! How special! I'm exchanging Halloween cards with someone from France, its exciting!

·
Registered
322 Posts
Hi Potential Reaper! If I'm one of the ones that you're waiting on, I apologize. Bethene has let me know that I should check my PO Box. I've been out of town since Friday. My new niece was born Friday and has been in the NICU. I've been hanging out with her big brothers all weekend. She gets to come home today, and I promise I will get to the post office as soon as I can!

·
Registered
865 Posts
I have been away from the forum for awhile and I have to tell you guys that I am blown away by all the cool reaps. The talent and thought that was put into them is just amazing!

And on that note I want to add that I have been reaped! Actually the box was delivered last week but I am just getting home to open it today and it is amazing! A huge thank you to my reaper Deathrisesagain!!! Wow, you are talented and I can't say thank you enough for the thought and effort you put into my reap. It is perfect. I can't believe how lucky I am that you were my reaper!!!

Deathrisesagain gave me the Joseph Vargo (of Nox Arcana music fame) Gothic Tarot deck which I did not have. This deck isn't just a gimmick deck for show but is one that is deep and intuitive which means it can actually be used and read with. I am so happy to be able to add this particular deck to my collection.

I also received a hand-made wooden tarot or alter casket!!! It is gorgeous. The photos do not do it justice. Deathrisesagain is clearly a talented wood worker. The box is very dark in person and will easily accommodate three decks of cards as well as large indie decks. The cornered feet are an an antique brass. There is also something really special about this particular casket. The hinges on almost any box allows the lid to fall all the way back which means one has to place it against a solid backdrop such as a wall, or not have anything behind it because when the lid falls back it knocks stuff over. With a lot of mass produced boxes it is common to see a chain running from inside the box up to a corner of the lid to prevent this from happening. However, deathrisesagain but the hinges on in an unusual, turned-around fashion that makes the lid stay in a secure upright position when opened. How sweet is that!!! This may seem like a minor detail but it really is a huge one and highly sought after! Also, the inside of the casket is lined with a soft, black felt material to protect my cards. Right on!!! Thank you again to my special reaper for thinking of details! This box is not only stunning in person but very functional as well.

Deathrisesagain, I love my reap and especially appreciate that you chose to make something so very special for me. I just can't thank you enough. This tarot deck and box made my Halloween season, literally. I am so grateful that you took the time to read my list and make something so incredibly wonderful!

Attachments

·
Registered
865 Posts
Hi Potential Reaper! If I'm one of the ones that you're waiting on, I apologize. Bethene has let me know that I should check my PO Box. I've been out of town since Friday. My new niece was born Friday and has been in the NICU. I've been hanging out with her big brothers all weekend. She gets to come home today, and I promise I will get to the post office as soon as I can!
Congratulations on your new neice! It's wonderful that she is fine and gets to come home today!

1001 - 1020 of 1323 Posts