Halloween Forum banner

401 - 420 of 1323 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Oh I am so happy and relieved you liked everything LadyGoats! You gave me a wonderful list to work with but I was a little intimidated to be your reaper because you are so talented! I had fun crafting those notebooks and in answer to your question I got one of those empty box books and then added the leathered look and skulls and painted it. Also a heads up that after I textured and painted the big cauldron I put 5 coats of sealer on it so it should hopefully hold up to the fog/bubbler and any weather you put it out in with your witches. Those frogs on the big cauldron I had to cut apart and frankenstein back together but I bolted them to the cauldron so I hope they will hold up. Thank you for the pictures---they really made me so happy!
Wow just Wow. I really love the work that went into this Great job.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Does anyone else get their reap or look at reap pictures and start to doubt the package that they put together? Thats where Im at right now.
I'm there myself. Seeing all these great reaps, and to see the package i put together, i worry that they might be disappointed in what i did............i dunno, i just don't know.....worries a lot
Yep, am stressing a lot, and i do mean a lot...............after seeing all these great reaps, and to see what i have...............i am the worst and i do mean WORST Reaper in all realms, worlds, and universes................i think i'm gonna crawl under a rock and disappear............Of course after i ship my reap........Sorry a head of time my Dear victim....

·
Registered
636 Posts
Does anyone else get their reap or look at reap pictures and start to doubt the package that they put together? Thats where Im at right now.
Oh my goodness yes!! I secretly hope I get my package out before I get reap every year for this exact reason! Do not doubt yourself! Ever single reap is different and everyone has their own style and are putting a package together for someone unique. If you put thought and care into whatever you chose or did then you did it right (and I know from your posts you have)! Trust yourself

·
The Cackling Cauldron
1,302 Posts
I'm there myself. Seeing all these great reaps, and to see the package i put together, i worry that they might be disappointed in what i did............i dunno, i just don't know.....worries a lot
Yep, am stressing a lot, and i do mean a lot...............after seeing all these great reaps, and to see what i have...............i am the worst and i do mean WORST Reaper in all realms, worlds, and universes................i think i'm gonna crawl under a rock and disappear............Of course after i ship my reap........Sorry a head of time my Dear victim....
I know the feeling especially on the first real. But really you don't need to worry. I will love what ever I get !! 😜

·
Kitchen/Green Witch
6,602 Posts
I'm sure your reap will be great, too. As long as you put thought and care into trying to make/buy/find things your victim would like, I'm sure they will be pleased! Everyone's will be great!

(Except mine. Mine will be hated by my victim. I just know it.) {{A.N.X.I.E.T.Y.}}

·
Celtic Spirit
2,100 Posts

I can’t tell which order the photos uploaded, but I’m floored. The card is a stunner, and I am overcome by this generosity, thoughtfulness, and impeccable craftsmanship.
All contents were packaged within an enormous cauldron, which I didn’t realize until everything else had come out had TOAD FEET! the smaller cauldron (also amphibian adorned) is for my library, along with an assortment of books. Mary Downing Hahn’s books circulate well, but I don’t have this title in my collection (also, it’s library bound! swoon), and we don’t have The Halloween Tree, so these are perfect. Our copies of Stellaluna are past their prime and, because of the movie, I don’t have enough copies of Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark to satisfy everyone. In short, these are all great additions for the collection!
There are an assortment of notebooks for both my girls and my library club kids (my favorites are the eye balls and the assorted Halloween phrases), but then there was this amazing large spell book that may very well replace my other one (did you make this?!).
There are tea towels, amazing earrings (if you question that they’ll be worn, check out the ones I wore to school today), oh, and, minor..... A FREAKING bubble fogger light up thing that looks phenomenal in the large cauldron (oh, I forgot to take pictures of the instructions- they were the best!).
There are also lights for the girls rooms, and they surprisingly agreed on who should get which ones, orange lights that I requested, and a large bag of slime and candy (the candy was in the fridge because it got a bit soft on my porch).
Witchul Thinking, I adore everything. Thank you, thank you!
Lady Goats, what a phenomenal reap!! I actually thought the aprons were your reap and then Witchful sends you this box of wonders. The hand crafted items are amazing: the notebooks, that amazing spellbook and the cauldron - wow the cauldron! I've seen distressed cauldrons before but never one with frog feet, what an ingenious idea. The earrings are a nice personal touch and the books for your library are very thoughtful. Great reap!!

·
Celtic Spirit
2,100 Posts
Death, it doesn't matter if it's your first reap or your tenth reap we always worry that our reap isn't that good, that our victim won't like it or that we didn't do enough. We get this "reaper anxiety" with every reap because we want to please our victim. The Auditor said it best back in the discussion thread that the fact that a total stranger thinks enough of you to shop for you or hand craft something for you just to make you happy is the real magic of Secret Reaper. And if someone doesn't realize this then they don't deserve a gift and they shouldn't be participating in SR.

One of the things I'm enjoying most this year is the excitement and enthusiasm of first time Reapers. Death, you were really excited that your craft project came out so good that you wanted to keep it for yourself. Don't lose that enthusiasm cause if you do you lose the magic of SR.

First time Reapers are also first time Victims. As a previous victim let me reassure you that we do realize the thought, planning, time and yes, anxiety that goes into a reap and we appreciate and are truly grateful of our Reapers.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Death, it doesn't matter if it's your first reap or your tenth reap we always worry that our reap isn't that good, that our victim won't like it or that we didn't do enough. We get this "reaper anxiety" with every reap because we want to please our victim. The Auditor said it best back in the discussion thread that the fact that a total stranger thinks enough of you to shop for you or hand craft something for you just to make you happy is the real magic of Secret Reaper. And if someone doesn't realize this then they don't deserve a gift and they shouldn't be participating in SR.

One of the things I'm enjoying most this year is the excitement and enthusiasm of first time Reapers. Death, you were really excited that your craft project came out so good that you wanted to keep it for yourself. Don't lose that enthusiasm cause if you do you lose the magic of SR.

First time Reapers are also first time Victims. As a previous victim let me reassure you that we do realize the thought, planning, time and yes, anxiety that goes into a reap and we appreciate and are truly grateful of our Reapers.
Yes - exactly! Well said!

·
Registered
817 Posts
Can we all agree, that no matter our skill level, its enjoyable to think about halloween in July, and have this funny storyline that we banter back and forth on for nearly 4 months? I also second the motion of Auditor's wisdom, just the fact that a total stranger was thinking about you, and sent you a gift is a great feeling. Let's stop judging ourselves so harshly. Deathrisesagain, I think you will be relieved when your victim is impressed with whatever your putting together, and you'll be soooo excited when that box arrives suddenly!

·
Registered
865 Posts
Im playing catch-up with the thread. I love everyone’s reaps. There is too much cool stuff to comment on individually, my post would probably exceed the limit if I did.😀 Suffice it to say that reapers are doing a terrific job this year! Looking forward to seeing more pictures!

·
Head Witch
2,871 Posts
I'mso glad you liked everything. The stores aroundmy househave JUST started puttingout Halloween decorations. I wantedto get it to you before deadline.
I was reaped! I don’t know who my reaper is, but I’m going to try and figure it out. There is so much awesome stuff here that you deserve to be thanked dear reaper!

Ok not pictured is 3 different Harry Potter candy packages. My daughter took off with those immediately.

A big cauldron, lots of garland, some cool bones to go in my cauldron, Kitchen towels, oven mitt, pot holder, 3 packages of bloody window clings, bloody shower curtain, 2 packs of incense, socks, witch napkins, little witch, 2 pumpkins, and a ghost, witches brew wall hang, 2 adorable signs, cat mask, hanging ghost, bird skeleton, rat skeleton, bat skeleton, skeleton garland, and the cutest light up Halloween sign! I hope I listed it all. They’re is SO much stuff. Thank you so so much reaper!

·
Registered
248 Posts
So-o-o-o with the hurricane scare going on in my state for almost 2 weeks I got behind. I knew what I wanted to torture my victim with, but got side tracked. Then i started back at it this week thinking that I had until the 17th to finish up and send---thank goodness I looked at Bethene's message again!!!!!!!!!!!! Looks like I'll be mailing out on lucky Friday as no postal service on Saturdays!!!

·
Registered
684 Posts
Wow, I am away one night and BAMMMMM! so many reaps!

Ceo - I love the cats and owls in your reap. Those flowers are so beautiful too. Is the cat the pot or a pillow? Shadow Panther how sweet you included treats for her kitty. She is adorable by the way sitting on the box.

Momo - So many things to see in your reap. Those bones look so real! Awesome job Moonwitchkitty. I can just imagine all of those things together in one scene and all of the Halloween baking that will be going on.

LadyGoats - I was lucky enough to get to watch Witchful-Frankenstein create your reap. How she comes up with these ideas is beyond me. I agree with Lady Arsenic that she should do tutorials. Hopefully she will submit one to the front page section of this forum. Those little toads are just adorable but to see their little bodies dismembered and reassembled was cracking us up. It also had the attention of all of my neighbors. Also, what a perfect way to share Halloween joy with your library club. Witchful you amaze me every year!
👻💀👽🎃👀

401 - 420 of 1323 Posts