Halloween Forum banner

561 - 580 of 837 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Hi Taddy, oh I'd love jumping spiders... Wouldn't know where to start shopping for/building them though!
ELPS Nope, no pictures but hopefully everywhere else will be reducing stuff now!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Managed to add pics but they seem huge and my writing is really small! Oh dear lol, will adjust tomorrow on the pc!

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
^No problem ELPS we can see them fine. Thanks for posting - I will have to go out again tomorrow now. No reductions when I went to TK today.

·
Registered
127 Posts
ELPS don't worry about it, that's just how they are ? my TK Maxx is 45mins away, hoping for the likes of B&M/PoundStretcher/Wilkos etc to reduce soon (if anyone spots the sale prices there!)

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Hi all i not been on cos bloody binge watching The Haunting Of Hill House ...... i,m on episode 7 , well i am hooked this sort of subject works so well as a series it has the time to build the atmosphere , and as the the great M. R. James said all good ghost stories should build up the atmosphere with subtle fear and growing dread and that series has it all so far . Sasha87 as for your costume idea i have a nuns costume as i had heard a ghost story of a faceless ghost nun locally and thought it would be good idea in my yard haunt years before the Conjuring nun was dreamt up , and the costumes are paper thin as you will see from an old photo of my faceless nun , so in fact it would be ideal for your indoor party as you would not get too hot , note the nuns outfit on the male mannequin lol as i had no female mannequin but with a bit of packing here and mostly THERE he became a she and bobs you uncle or should i say aunt and he/she was a huge hit on the night , and the faceless nun scared the crap out of loads of visitors , and the nun outfight was really cheap as well .
nun small.JPG
and you would be able to give yourself a thin face with the make up just youtube valek nun make up.

And you got to see it in a cinema , it wouldn't be as good at home on blu ray , hopefully going to see the new HALLOWEEN film this Sunday with my missus and my 2 girls ..... come on MICHAEL ....... !! lol .
Batley and Khanidge YOU CAN NEVER HAVE TOO MANY PROJECTORS lol i have 3 , and the Jack o Lantern dvd is always a hit but as a warning try a working setup test run a few days before especially with the variation with the 3 pumpkin sizes in mind lol . Sounds good Lord_kobel with the Babadook and sutter kane outfit , i know the Babadook one of the most popular foreign horror films of the last few years so should go down a treat .
WELCOME Taddy to the U.K. thread and to the forum in general , please tell me your a southern softy ...... i bet your a Northerner ....... lol
Bloody typical Batley i paid £40 EACH for my Atmosfear dvds . Good news for you though Khanidge they want £44.95 plus £2.95 for UNLIVING PORTRAITS conning gits . i put the VHK on e bay but had no bidders yet , and i now finished the DELUXE VHK lol , this one got an extra section in with glass vials in etc , hopefully pictures to come once its finished .

·
Registered
182 Posts
How's everyones plans coming on? Nice to see even more new members joining the fold!

I'm not enjoying the prospect of the weather we're forecast for the 31st :eek: Trying to work out if i can get everything under a pop up gazebo, without the posibility of it taking off with everything attached to it!!!!

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
FINGERS CROSSED the weatherman is wrong , nothing worse after all the build up and hard work than the weather to spoil it .

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi Taddy - welcome on board. Where do you hail from in the UK?
Hi Dandy, Thanks! I’m from Nottingham! I’ve noticed a few guys on here are from London area from my lurking?

Welcome @Taddy :). Good luck with your set up, a fog machine definitely adds to the atmosphere. I bought a machine and 5L bottle of juice back in 2011 and 4 hours use every Halloween they're still both going strong so I hope yours will last years to come. Hope I haven't jinxed myself now lol.
Roll in next week, hope the early sales start.
Haha I hope not!!, I’ve gone with a huge 5 litre bottle too, I really wanted bog fog but it cost me too much this year so I’ve just got the ADJ heavy fog from Amazon, hopefully it will be a warm night haha, I keep popping into Asda and BnM hoping they have reduced too only one item so far the window peepers, helped myself to the skellington one

Welcome @Taddy, would be great to see your previous displays.
@Pacman, Dvd turned up today, many thanks buddy it's great, I can't wait to set it up for Halloween.
I've chased up my projector today and they recon I'll have it by tomorrow, the only problem is my Mrs has ordered a copy of "jack'o lantern jamboree" as she has fallen in love with the idea of the talking singing pumpkins, now I need another projector........ Bugger....... This year is costing a bit.
I haven’t done a proper one yet! I just had some cobwebs and a bedsheet with a projector playing the dancing skellingtons last year with a few old dog bones thrown around for effect! Hopefully as the years pass i’ll get more trying to keep it TOT friendly for now!

Thanks all for the warm welcome i think i'm going to like it here! =D

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi Taddy - welcome on board. Where do you hail from in the UK?
Hi Dandy, Thanks! I’m from Nottingham! I’ve noticed a few guys on here are from London area from my lurking?

Welcome @Taddy :). Good luck with your set up, a fog machine definitely adds to the atmosphere. I bought a machine and 5L bottle of juice back in 2011 and 4 hours use every Halloween they're still both going strong so I hope yours will last years to come. Hope I haven't jinxed myself now lol.
Roll in next week, hope the early sales start.
Haha I hope not!!, I’ve gone with a huge 5 litre bottle too, I really wanted bog fog but it cost me too much this year so I’ve just got the ADJ heavy fog from Amazon, hopefully it will be a warm night haha, I keep popping into Asda and BnM hoping they have reduced too only one item so far the window peepers, helped myself to the skellington one

Welcome @Taddy, would be great to see your previous displays.
@Pacman, Dvd turned up today, many thanks buddy it's great, I can't wait to set it up for Halloween.
I've chased up my projector today and they recon I'll have it by tomorrow, the only problem is my Mrs has ordered a copy of "jack'o lantern jamboree" as she has fallen in love with the idea of the talking singing pumpkins, now I need another projector........ Bugger....... This year is costing a bit.
I haven’t done a proper one yet! I just had some cobwebs and a bedsheet with a projector playing the dancing skellingtons last year with a few old dog bones thrown around for effect! Hopefully as the years pass i’ll get more trying to keep it TOT friendly for now!

Thanks for the warm welcome! I think i'm going to like it here over the coming years! :D

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I can see Taddy's last post at 12pm today on my IPad but not on the forum - very strange? The gremlins are at it again.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
^Strange - the past few posts on here that Taddy and I have done showed up on the main titles section of the forum but not on the thread itself.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thankyou for the welcome everyone :)

Pacman your VHK us exellent! Have you done a tutorial on it?

I have bought the items needed to make a creeper, has any one else tried it?

·
Registered
64 Posts
On one hand, the fact that we're getting christmas stuff out early means we've got the skull full of chilli sauce from wilkos already, but it does appear to be smaller and ****er than last years....

Last years, 760g: 0439799-1.jpg

This years, 460ml: 0471410-1.jpg

561 - 580 of 837 Posts