Halloween Forum banner

81 - 100 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
We had over 500. My street really gets into Halloween. We have one neighbor who decorates for Christmas in October and his costume is Cousin Eddie from Christmas Vacation, Two other neighbors combine efforts and build a Haunted House in the driveway. Neighbor across the way had a Monsters Inc dance party in his Mike costume. Next door was Zombie Carnival with a PVC ferris wheel with zombie dolls, a ring master, bearded lady and fortune teller. Our house for the last few years has been a full graveyard and our version of Haunted Mansion.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Totally agree. Having friends and family helps alleviate some of the headaches. Our saving grace is that the local PD rolls out at 9:00pm advising to clear out streets prior to opening it back up. By then it dies out fairly quickly which is a good thing. Only 364 days to go...

We probably had over 800 got through the haunt and gave out about 520 candy bars. Many didn't even want the candy but just do the haunted house. Frankly, I'm hoping for lower numbers next year. It got to be a matter of crowd control. Granted, having TV news coverage three times showing your address on the screen drew a lot of people but it was a mob scene at one point and not fun. I know for many of us it's a numbers game but I think you can have too many people and it makes it more of a chore.

·
Registered
33 Posts
We stopped counting after 200 Trick or Treaters. We gave out about 60 pounds of candy. Had about a pound left in the sandworm at the end of the night. This is the first year that we had neighbors that had big draw displays.
For the past 5 years our house was the only one on the block that went all out. We were so happy to have Halloween display company. Our house had Beetlejuice vs Ghostbusters, our
neighbors across the street had Nightmare Before Christmas & a fire pit , our neighbors to our right had a Coven of Witches casting spells with their pet howling Werewolf and a fire pit. We all had sounds & music playing. Trick or Treaters would hear our block before they would see it. My husband parked Ecto 13 on the street with the lights on. Trick or Treaters called their friends telling them that had to see everything going on. Happy to report the PVC High Striker and both cardboard mallets survived. Not sure who enjoyed testing their strength more the kids or the adults.

·
Captain o'th Black Pearl
2,036 Posts
Hi all, we 'ad th' Black Pearl back up after Davy Jones 'ad it stored in a bott'l fer last 4 yrs.. th' wretch'd kiddos began showin' at 5pm .. lil tykes first, then th' older ones .. stopped countin' after 8pm, an' by then 400 swabs 'ad been by.. many chats, an' photos with.. last stragglers abt 8:30 then we called it done. Went thru 5 Costco-sized bags, 1000 pieces.. but a terrific night fer middl-o'-th'-week, aye?

·
Registered
48 Posts
We had just shy of 400 Trick-or-Treaters. Cars lined up for a block to drive by. It amazes me how many people come without children and how well they can notice the changes made to our setup. All positive comments. I always think of the line in Field of Dreams that says "build it, and they will come." GOTTA LOVE IT!

·
Registered
62 Posts
1031181812.jpg

Well, besides babysitting, we had only 40. I was surprised because it was a beautiful night! It was so much warmer than last year. I love Halloween!

·
Registered
130 Posts
my wife made 1,000 candy bags and we had one of those big cauldrons that party sells filled to the top with loose candy. we got our first TOT'er around 2:45 and by 7:30 all the bags were gone. then the cauldron was empty by 9:30. so if I had to guess I'd say close to 2,000

·
Registered
640 Posts
I got 45, which was up 10 or so from last year. It's about par, since while there's tons of kids in the neighborhood, we don't have sidewalks or streetlights. I'm not sure where they all go.....

It was an absolutely perfect night, around the mid 50s - AND the sun even came out for a bit before the township outdoor warning sirens went off (sirens go off at beginning & end of ToT). Seeing the sun was a shock, since the last few years have been rain or rain/snow.
Same here, we have no sidewalks, no streetlights and honestly, none of the local malls do anything for Halloween that I know of. Even the one local church that I saw doing Trunk or Treat last year didn't do it this year. And still, we were down from last year. I don't get it. We had perfect weather too.

·
Read Only
1,348 Posts
I'll just be over here being bitter about zero ToTs. Don't mind me.
ahhhh.... We feel your pain. This is our first year in about three years where we actually had TOTs. It's especially frustrating to see you report zero kids, because I love some of the suggestions and comments you make here and over in the prop forum. We hope next year is better not bitter.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I am confused about how this works. I received a reply sent to my email that someone had nearly 2000 (yes two thousand) kids on Halloween but I don't see it on this thread. Where did it go? And what did you do to get 2000? Is some one a Pied Piper?

·
Registered
84 Posts
I am confused about how this works. I received a reply sent to my email that someone had nearly 2000 (yes two thousand) kids on Halloween but I don't see it on this thread. Where did it go? And what did you do to get 2000? Is some one a Pied Piper?

That was me. My post was the last one on page 9 of this thread, and your post is the first one on page 10. Maybe that's why you didn't see it?

I'm not exactly sure why my neighborhood gets so many. Somehow many years ago it became the place to go on Halloween for trick-or-treaters. We are one of the few streets with streetlamps, I think that has something to do with it. There's also a hearse owners club in my town, and several members live on my street, so they always park their hearses in their yards and do great displays with them. Most houses do a lot of great decorations in their yard.

Another cool thing my neighborhood does is a school parade the afternoon on Halloween. The middle school is one street down, when the kids get out of school all the students and teachers walk the neighborhood to see all the houses/halloween decorations, and all the kids are wearing their halloween costumes.

If you want to see some pictures and videos here's a link to my google drive album from Halloween: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ZVCH77gO7VG64JJCGaRx5-WmiuYjds5b

·
Registered
319 Posts
We had @ 150. This was a spike. I think it was because the local Trunk or Treat event was rained out on the weekend so this was the only chance for the kids to go ToTing.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Do not know why, but I have just seen this thread.

We had about 180 this year, much less than the usual 500 to 600 but it can be on account of the horrible weather that plagued us.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
We had 45 - 50 ToTers. Perfect weather. Just not a lot of foot traffic - all the front lawns are long and the houses kind of spread apart, not the best for high volume ToTing!
Best is repeat Toters from previous years. They told us that our house is their favorite and they save it for the end so they can hang around and enjoy it.

·
Registered
401 Posts
We had 7 trick or treaters. That's seven as in lucky seven; one more than six; two more than five. This reflects a 700 percent increase over last year when we had none as in no trick or treaters at all. Rose and I put out the haunted graveyard anyway. Partly it's because we remember when the graveyard and the walk-through crypt and she and I and Bryan as scareactors attracted crowds in excess of 300 or more. But that was another place and another time. Now we do it because we like to. If no one wants to show up for it, that's their look out.

81 - 100 of 100 Posts