Halloween Forum banner

61 - 80 of 100 Posts

·
E Pluribus Bitum
894 Posts
Perfect weather, tons of trick or treaters, from tiny toddlers to someone I'm pretty sure was at least 70. We didn't count, woe! However, it was pretty steady from 5 til about 9. Not a single one of our ToTs was without costume. Lots of teens, and they all dressed up, even if it was just some little effort, which I appreciated. Our oldest ToT was also dressed up, as a Flintstones gal using a very large purse as a treat bag. lol She was with a family and there were little ones with her, and that was our last group. :)

I like the ideas I've seen about how to easily keep track of numbers, but we just let them grab a handful of candy, so we can't use it as a count. I could check the security cameras, ha. I might just get a counter thingie for the gate. I'm curious now as to what the actual numbers were!

It was a blast, just an absolutely stellar Halloween. Our costumes were a hit, even though most people seemed to think we were an apocalypse theme, or biohazard? Eh, not enough Doctor Who fans, I guess. (My husband and I were Dr. Constantine and a VAD Nurse from DW's The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances. )

·
Registered
368 Posts
Our number, 150-sh, was some what down from last year. It was an erratic showing of TOTers I figured due tot he crappy weather. It was wet and drizzly although not cold. Then around 8:30 when we decided to go inside we had a huge rush of last minute groups and families. I assume that is because we live on a road that leads out to a neighboring farm town. I think they came in town, went to other neighborhoods first, and hit us on the way back out.

There was an adorable 22 month old having his first real Halloween. The family lives out in the farm community and pass us every day as they come in town for work, and to drop him off at daycare. He has been infatuated with our house all month. His family specifically brought him to our yard to start the evening. He walked all around pointing at all the props and shouting "Hoween? Hoween! Hoween? Hoween!" After at least ten minutes they finally decided it was time to move on. He threw the biggest tantrum when they tried to lead him away. They had to carry him out screaming and crying. It was heartbreaking and adorable at the same time! A real haunt enthusiast in the making <3

·
Registered
310 Posts
I started with about 2200 pieces of candy. Friends brought two or three bags. I have 500 pieces left. So I'm guessing it must have been 1000 ToTs.

·
Registered
168 Posts
We started at 5:00pm and ran out of candy by 7:45pm, 3000+ pieces, one per ToT. Down from 2016 due to a weekday.

Attachments

·
Registered
378 Posts
"build it and they will come", scare them at door, make them say "trick or treat" plus give them full size candy bars. So yes I bribe them to come!
Great weather, midweek, (weekends I go down on numbers), About 500 individual TOTers
Started with porch lights on, a couple of cute decorations and 0.0 came to my house, actually watch them skip my house.
(elder woman lived there before my purchase) I took that as a challenge and have built to the current numbers about 35-50 more each year.
I live behind a k-3, which does a Halloween parade and has added (2nd year) a Truck or Treat, which ends at about 3:30 and creates a line out the door to the street. But then it slows to a more comfortable rate.

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,643 Posts
We probably had over 800 got through the haunt and gave out about 520 candy bars. Many didn't even want the candy but just do the haunted house. Frankly, I'm hoping for lower numbers next year. It got to be a matter of crowd control. Granted, having TV news coverage three times showing your address on the screen drew a lot of people but it was a mob scene at one point and not fun. I know for many of us it's a numbers game but I think you can have too many people and it makes it more of a chore.

Reactions: Defenestrator

·
Registered
53 Posts
My wife an I put our house on auto pilot so that we can take our kids out as a family. We fill our candy bowl and leave it outside at our door with a sign to take three pieces. Last year there was a bit of candy left when we got back but the weather was much colder, this year I had to fill it twice because it was low before we finished taking the kids around, we had a larger number of people out because the weather was great for us this year. I'm guessing we had about 60 kids come by this year. Our first kids came by around 6:00 and our last came at about 9:30.

·
Registered
60 Posts
We had around 40-50 kids, but it seemed that things died down a lot earlier this year vs. previous years. Streets were empty by 7:30 pm. We had a lot of fun but I wish that things had gone on for another hour or so.

·
Imitation Imagineer
1,154 Posts
Interesting turnout this year....a down year in terms of ToTs (only about 85-ish), but we did have a large number of the neighborhood adults come out to spend time wandering the haunt.

Most of these adult visitors have kids that are off in college, or even older, so they were only there to check things out for themselves.

It turned into a very relaxing and enjoyable evening of conversation, with lots of questions regarding the props, effects, and reasons behind the display.

The best part? Many of these same folks had put decorations in their yards, windows, and on their porches for the first time that we can recall....that was really great to see.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Some very impressive numbers! I think I had roughly 70. Shooting for 100 next year, I think people are starting to make a point to see my haunt now. I'm almost 100% confident I'm the only one in my city that has a yard like mine. The weather was perfect, except for the wind blowing the wrong way.

·
They call me HeebieJeebie
2,058 Posts
I got 45, which was up 10 or so from last year. It's about par, since while there's tons of kids in the neighborhood, we don't have sidewalks or streetlights. I'm not sure where they all go.....

It was an absolutely perfect night, around the mid 50s - AND the sun even came out for a bit before the township outdoor warning sirens went off (sirens go off at beginning & end of ToT). Seeing the sun was a shock, since the last few years have been rain or rain/snow.

·
Registered
80 Posts
We blew through our 600 pieces of candy at 90 minutes in and had to start giving away the teal pumpkin toys. I would say around 700 this year...

·
Oak Lane Cemetery
2,034 Posts
We had 214, down a little from last year. Had plenty of candy left over (HAD!) We ran from 6-9. Our city's "OFFICIAL" trick or treat hours were 6-8 but we stayed open a little longer because we get a lot of drive by trick or treaters on their way to or from other events.

·
Registered
56 Posts
We had 43 which is a bug jump from the 25-30 we usually get. Sadly we didn't have enough prizes for the games for the last 13 but i think they were happy tp play and get candy anyway. :)

61 - 80 of 100 Posts