Halloween Forum banner

41 - 60 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
I made 90 treat bags. Nothing left when we came home. Considering the rainy weather and the last 2 years numbers I think maybe some trick or treaters probably took extra bags.

·
Scariest guy on the block
1,960 Posts
I had 7...….seriously considering stopping. I have decorated since 1994..... Only house for blocks that was handing out candy. Really depressing.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Another year of absolutely zero. At this point I'm not sure I'd know what to do with myself if someone came to the door. Pretty sure the lady two doors down thought I was nuts when I trick or treated at my own house but that's okay. Thing is, I don't think there were any kids in my part of the neighborhood at all because I spent most of the early part of the night popping in and out, futzing with things and I didn't hear or see any kids at all.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Because I'm kind of a techie-data geek, I use one of those hand counters to keep track of how many people come through the house. We had 853, which is down slightly from last year's 867. I had anticipated more, seeing how we had an increase each year, but I'm not too disappointed.

In the first few minutes, we had more people come through than the total of any of the fundraisers. :(
But on the other hand, we did collect an extra $250, which makes the fundraiser total near $1500 (I haven't done a final count).

Don't hate me lilibat.

·
Seer of All
2,939 Posts
We had somewhere in the neighborhood of 230-235 which is almost exactly the same as last year. I was really surprised, as the weather was awful throughout the day. Hard rain, strong north wind, temp around 50f and wind chill of around 40. The rain let up around 6pm and at 7pm they started coming and didn't stop till 8:45. I figured with so many indoor "safe" alternatives all over town, people would just go to those but nope! They restored my faith in the future of trick or treating! It's still a tradition they want to keep alive, even with the plethora of trunk or treats and what not.
I had a last minute appointment in a neighboring town and had to white-knuckle drive home in a huge storm. plus I wasn't feeling well so I was ready to forget the whole thing, but I'm glad we set up and pushed through anyway. The kids were having a blast and didn't mind the weather in the least.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
10,149 Posts
I tripled last years count at...................................................................................................wait for it............................................................................................................................18!!

:D :D :D

I buy enough candy for about 30-50 kids & we haven't had that number in years so I can't imagine what I'd do if we had hundreds!!

But this year it was great weather with temps 70°+, same for today, so that helped a lot.

We also had a lot of kids that didn't bother with costumes but I don't care about that, I was just glad what I set up (which was scaled back for me), wasn't lost on only 3-5 kids.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I had 12, about half the normal amount. They liked the decorations and especially the hovering ghost and all were very polite. This was the first year I stayed inside and let them ring the doorbell. I normally sit outside so my dog doesn't go crazy when they come to the door, but none of the kids minded when she came out and sniffed them.

·
Registered
640 Posts
I tripled last years count at...................................................................................................wait for it............................................................................................................................18!!

:D :D :D

I buy enough candy for about 30-50 kids & we haven't had that number in years so I can't imagine what I'd do if we had hundreds!!

But this year it was great weather with temps 70°+, same for today, so that helped a lot.

We also had a lot of kids that didn't bother with costumes but I don't care about that, I was just glad what I set up (which was scaled back for me), wasn't lost on only 3-5 kids.
We buy candy for us. Some of it goes to ToTs, the vast majority we eat. So we got a bag of 240 and maybe gave out 50.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Awe Terror Tom that sucks. Sorry to hear that. I was considering quitting after the last couple of years but things were better this year. Even though we still had way less than usual (predicting snow) the energy from the kids was so much better than it has been the last couple of years.

·
Registered
897 Posts
They were predicting snow yesterday but it was nice out thank goodness. It is usually cold so I have to wear my snow pants and snow boots under my witch costume but this year it was actually a nice day with no wind, rain or snow. It started raining during the night and is still raining but that is okay now that Halloween is over. There was a community gathering at the community hall where they had hot dogs, hot chocolate, costume contests and fireworks so we didn't think we would get many door to door kids but we still got 89 kids. It is still way less than we used to get but the whole energy thing was different and I was so glad to see it. It re-energised me and now I can look forward to next year. I am still surprised at the number of kids we got because we have been having lots of bears wandering around and there is a sow with a couple of cubs as well so I thought most kids would be inside at the hall. The forest fires were all around us this summer so there are more bears, cougars etc than usual. The bears are still feeding so they haven't headed to their dens yet. Of course that makes it dangerous for kids to be out TOTing.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Weather was awesome.
Costumes were awesome.
At one point they were lined down the street.

My guess is I will have 2000 or more by year 2020 on a Saturday night. It truly hurts my heart to hear of none or very little TOT's.

·
Registered
414 Posts
47. Lowest number we've ever had, and even though it rained all day, the period the TOTs were out was dry and pretty warm for this area. The kids only had one layer of clothes under their costumes. Now I'm going to go look up what I reported for last year, because I'm pretty sure that's about 2/3 what we usually have.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
10,149 Posts
hope you ok cant get any sound from my atmosfearfx set up what am i doing wrong im in england
Hmmm...you need to make sure the volume is all the way up on the projector, could that be it?

·
Registered
196 Posts
about 250 to 300, significantly down from years past due to the rain here in OHIO, we usually have between 400 to 500 TOTs

·
Registered
797 Posts
We had about 60. I think that's down a bit from previous years. I noticed it was mostly older kids and not many little ones. Maybe I overdid it on the scary aspect? I don't think so and it seemed there were just not as many kids out last night. I know there was a trick or treat event downtown from 3-6pm so I wonder if that took away from the neighborhood traffic. Oh well, those that came had a good time.

·
Registered
306 Posts
260, 30 more than last year. Hardly anyone this side of town (In England) decorates so I am pleased with that.

·
Registered
716 Posts
I moved into a new house in a new city this year so I didn't know what to expect. I didn't get any TOTers until 7 and by then I was giving handfuls lol I ran out of candy after the 10th Toter and had to resort to giving out cookies and after that ran out, I had to turn off the lights lol. I think I probably had about 30-35 kids come through but it could of been in the 50s if I didnt run out

41 - 60 of 100 Posts